SUMMARY OF ROLE: Exceed our customers’ evolving expectations by preparing and ensuring the freshest quality product while providing World Class customer service and a pleasant and rewarding shopping experience. Our assistant seafood sales manager is responsible for assisting in achieving sales/operational results through hiring, training, goal setting, decision-making and supervising employees within the seafood and meat areas.
- Must have successfully completed or be working toward completing Department Manager Certification.
- Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of ExcellenceÔ through Big Y’s Firm FoundationsÔ (Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
- Ability to demonstrate a passion for food through interactive sales techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership through his or her own example.
- Ability to demonstrate financial acumen.
- Must project a clean and professional appearance.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
- Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize and follow-through.
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must consent to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation.
ESSENTIAL SUPERVISORY FUNCTIONS: The assistant seafood sales manager will assist the meat/seafood sales manager in the following functions as needed:
- Supervise, direct, set goals and delegate tasks of employees in department using independent judgment.
- Create and alter weekly scheduled shifts for employees in department while controlling payroll costs.
- Arrange for ongoing training and communication with all employees working within your area.
- Prepare trainee(s) for a management position.
- Cultivate growth through the cross-development of high potential employees.
- Evaluate, coach, reward, recognize employees and celebrate successes.
- Primary responsibility for ensuring that employees are transferred and rotated through different section of department.
- Primary responsibility for making recommendations on compensation for employees in department.
- Primary responsibility for making recommendations on promotions for employees in department.
- Ensure all Learning Hub™ requirements are up to date and completed by department employees.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The assistant seafood sales manager will assist the meat/seafood sales manager in the following functions as needed:
- Exceed our customers’ evolving expectations by preparing the freshest quality product while providing World Class customer service and a pleasant and rewarding shopping experience.
- Use 10 Foot RuleÔ techniques to build relationships, educate our customers, and create sales.
- Achieve all operations and sales objectives/goals for assigned area (e.g. contribution, budget, gross profit, productivity, inventory management, merchandising/signage, price checks/changes, promotions/contests, etc.).
- Monitor, order, receive and maintain department product and/or supplies using appropriate tools.
- Ensure proper department conditions (e.g., shelf, case, sales floor, backroom, freezer, and cooler, etc.).
- Operate, clean, and maintain equipment/machinery, tools, and workstations.
- Collaborate with management team to ensure interdependence throughout the store and Company.
- Engage in and encourage continuous improvement through ideas and innovation (e.g., Group Problem SolvingÔ (GPS) and Keep ThinkingÔ).
- Adhere to and enforce all government employment and labor regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., employment laws concerning minors, harassment, discrimination, etc.).
- Adhere to and enforce all government food safety and sanitation regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., processing, cleaning, culling, coding, rotating, maintaining proper temperatures, etc.).
- Adhere to and enforce all government safety regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., proper use of equipment, cleaning, straightening, sweeping, clearing unsafe conditions, etc.), as well as report and collaborate with Risk Management on all claims.
- Adhere to and enforce all Company loss prevention policies and procedures (e.g., taking accurate inventory, controlling waste and utilities, damaged goods, reporting theft, etc.).
- Adhere to all Company procedures regarding store conditions as outlined in 5S (Sort and remove, Shine and inspect, Set locations and visual cues, Systematize, Stay the course).
- Complete all training requirements by respective due dates.
Medium work: Lifting 50 lb. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
Continuously standing, walking, fingering, and handling.
- Frequently bending, reaching, balancing, and feeling.
- Occasionally squatting, climbing, kneeling, or crouching.
- Work in cold (freezer/cooler) as needed.
Posting ID: 565904551Posted: 2020-07-30