POSITION TITLE: BAKERY SPECIALIST/BAKER
SUMMARY OF ROLE: Exceed our customers' evolving expectations by preparing the freshest quality product while providing World Class customer service and a pleasant and rewarding shopping experience. Our bakery specialist/baker is responsible for providing product knowledge, expertise and driving for results within the bakery and baking area
- Previous perishable foods handling and/or preparation experience preferred.
- Previous baking experience preferred.
- Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of ExcellenceÔ through the support of Big Y's Mission & Vision.
- Ability to demonstrate a passion for food through interactive sales techniques.
- Must project a clean and professional appearance.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
- Ability to operate within company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize and follow-through.
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Exceed our customers' evolving expectations by preparing the freshest quality product while providing World Class customer service and a pleasant and rewarding shopping experience (i.e. build relationships, educate our customers, and create sales).
- Process, mix, proof, and fry bakery products.
- Maintain and organize bakery ingredient storage area.
- Collaborate with management in decision-making, direction and implementation to ensure that operational and sales goals are met.
- Provide training as needed through product knowledge and expertise.
- Receive, prepare, weigh, finish, slice, price, package, merchandise, and stock product as needed.
- Maintain proper department conditions (e.g., shelf, case, sales floor, backroom, freezer, and cooler, etc.).
- Maintain inventory and order adequate product as assigned (e.g., in stock position, inventory management, days on hand, shrink).
- Operate, clean, and maintain equipment/machinery, tools, and workstations.
- Periodically oversee and direct workflow as assigned.
- Operate a cash register where applicable.
- Engage in and encourage continuous improvement through ideas and innovation (e.g., Chairman's Challenge)
- Adhere to all government employment and labor regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., employment laws concerning minors, harassment, discrimination, etc.).
- Adhere to all government foods safety and sanitation regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., processing, cleaning, culling, coding, rotating, maintaining proper temperatures, etc.).
- Adhere to all government safety regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., proper use of equipment, cleaning, straightening, sweeping, clearing unsafe conditions, etc.).
- Adhere to all Company loss prevention policies and procedures (e.g., controlling waste and utilities, damaged goods, reporting theft, etc.).
- Adhere to all Company procedures regarding store conditions as outlined in 5S (Sort and remove, Shine and inspect, Set locations and visual cues, Systematize, Stay the course).
- Complete all training requirements by respective due dates.
- Medium work: Lifting 50 lb. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Continuously standing, walking, and handling.
- Frequently bending, reaching, balancing, and feeling.
- Occasionally squatting, climbing, kneeling, or crouching.
Work in cold (freezer/cooler) and/or heat (ovens) as needed.
Early mornings 4am-12pm needed
Please apply on www.bigy.com/careers or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting ID: 606979401Posted: 2021-02-16