DescriptionUPMC is hiring a Caregiver to join its Private duty team!This is a Flex Full Time position. Shifts will vary, availability from 7A-9P required.
Join the team that's providing the highest quality of home health care in our communities. With state-of-the-art safety protocols and the support of an academic medical center, UPMC Senior Services has demonstrated a continued commitment to keeping both our residents and our employees safe and healthy, especially throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Make a true impact in your community where you'll have the confidence that your care is clinically backed by a best-in-class health care system and the rewarding knowledge that you are changing lives every day. Responsibilities:
- Preparing meals, monitoring stored foods for freshness, and assisting with feeding as necessary.
- Sorting/reading mail and paying bills.Medication reminders to help ensure clients take their medications at the appropriate times.
- Positioning, application of simple braces and/or equipment, transfers, ambulation, and previously established exercise programs.
- Specialized tasks such as simple catheter care external Foley (emptying and cleaning), ostomy care (assist with cleaning), and simple wound care (simple dressing changes).
- Escort customers to appointments or social or recreational activities.Engage the customer in reading, playing games, watching television, or simple conversation.
- Accurately document services provided while in the clients home.
- Report all customer complaints immediately to the care supervisor for follow up.
- Notify emergency services immediately if a client appears to be experiencing a medical emergency.
- Be available and reliable to work flexible schedules, including evening and weekend rotations, based on client needs and service authorization requirements.
- Monitor the ongoing health and safety of clients and immediately communicate any safety concerns or significant changes in their condition to the care supervisor for follow up.
- Assist clients with:Personal care activities such as bathing, mouth care, hair care, nail care, skin care, shaving, dressing, and toileting.
- Light housekeeping such as vacuuming and dusting, straightening rooms, washing dishes, making the bed, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, showers, tubs, and toilets, emptying the trash, and cleaning the kitchen sink, countertops, floors, and appliances, and washing, drying, and folding laundry.
High School Diploma or GED. Access to transportation in the Agency service area with valid driver's license and auto liability insurance.Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:Automotive Insurance Driver's License Act 33 Act 34 OAPSA UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, our Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life. Designed to help you achieve your goals, Total Rewards support our belief that you're at your best when you're receiving the support you need in all areas of life: professional, personal, financial, and more.
No matter where we work or what we do, we're driven by common values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. UPMC's values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive, experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Current UPMC employees must apply in HR Direct
Posting ID: 564856454Posted: 2020-09-16