DescriptionJoin the team that's providing the highest quality of care to seniors in our communities. With state-of-the-art safety protocols and the support of an academic medical center, UPMC Senior Communities has demonstrated a continued commitment to keeping both our residents and our employees safe and healthy, especially throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Make a true impact at our senior living facilities, where you'll have the confidence that your care is clinically backed by a best-in-class health care system and the rewarding knowledge that you are changing lives every day.
In this Part-Time
role, you will work with the nursing team in delivering the highest quality of care to the residents. You will also help represent nursing leadership in off-hours, managing emergencies, customer service issues, and ensuring staffing coverage.
Located in Franklin, PA
, Sugar Creek Station is a senior living community specializing in rehab and memory care
. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents by promoting health and personal independence. Join our team in serving our residents today! Responsibilities:
- Know role in disaster and fire plan.
- Must possess willingness to learn infection control and standard precautions and the ability to apply same to essential job functions.
- Maintain confidentiality in regards to resident information and records.
- Fill water pitchers and distribute to residents scheduled to receive them.
- Represent the facility in a professional manner in dealing with residents, their families, visitors and guests.
- Exhibit a collaborative spirit and flexibility; Cooperate with others and relate in a pleasant, friendly and compassionate manner, treating both residents and coworkers with dignity and respect.
- Observe and follow appropriate procedures concerning the facility's corporate compliance program.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations and internal policies and procedures as they pertain to resident care and rights.
- Follow the chain of command guidelines for inter-facility problem solving.
- Accept responsibility and accountability for all assignments; report to Charge Nurse upon completion of daily assignments for future instruction.
- Clean humidifiers and wheelchairs on a rotating schedule and as needed.
- Maintain resident drawers and closets, and rooms in a clean, orderly fashion.
- Assure clean, safe work/patient area and assist with maintenance of same.
- Go on resident transports to the hospital and to doctor's appointments as needed.
- Change bed linens routinely and when needed.
- Assist with clerical work, e.g., copying, filing, answering telephones appropriately, and delivering messages.
- Assist in transporting residents to/from other rooms; dining room, therapy, activities.
- Assist residents with activities (cutting, pasting, identifying bingo numbers, prn).
- Serve food trays to residents and may assist with feeding as necessary.
- Deliver and fold laundry.
- Attend training, meetings and in-services as required.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
- High School diploma or equivalent, or currently enrolled in a High School Program
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working experience as nurses aide in hospital or nursing home preferred.
- Work Permit is required if under 18 years of age.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 34
More than just competitive pay and benefits, our Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life. Designed to help you achieve your goals, Total Rewards support our belief that you're at your best when you're receiving the support you need in all areas of life: professional, personal, financial, and more.
No matter where we work or what we do, we're driven by common values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. UPMC's values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive, experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Current UPMC employees must apply in HR Direct
Posting ID: 550742312Posted: 2020-09-16