UPMC is dedicated to providing each patient with the right care, in the right way, at the right time, every time. Our nurses are essential partners in that mission, enhancing the patient experience at UPMC with positivity and integrity. Join us as we provide Life Changing Medicine to our community. UPMC Northwest is currently hiring a Full-Time Nurse in the Emergency Department As a nurse at UPMC, you will find:
The Professional Staff Nurse, BSN is a valued step in the UPMC nursing career ladder, with opportunities for continued growth and advancement.Titleand salary will be determined based upon education and nursing experience.The starting rate for the Professional Staff Nurse, BSN is: $26.20/hr.
- Competitive wages
- An incomparable benefits package, including tuition reimbursement
- Top clinicians, leading researchers, and the most modern equipment and technology in health care today.
Earn your BSN TUITION FREE through UPMC's collaborative university partnership. UPMC is ready to focus on your goals!
The role of the Professional Staff Nurse encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration and supervision. The Professional Staff Nurse establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care. The Professional Staff Nurse demonstrates a commitment to the community and to the nursing profession.Responsibilities:
- Maintains a conscious balance between work and personal life. Models safe work hours, time management and healthy lifestyle.
- Communicates with peers and management any safety hazards identified in the workplace.
- Applies the nursing process within the framework of Relationship Based Care to create a healing environment.
- Formulates daily goals and a plan of care for patients that involves the patient as partner and considers the individual needs of the patient in a holistic manner.
- Demonstrates critical thinking in the identification of clinical, social, safety, psychological and spiritual issues for the patient care within an episode of care.
- Practices solid communication skills and is able to articulate and translate the patient's condition to other care providers and to negotiate and make recommendations for changes in patient care and unit practices.
- Patient documentation is comprehensive and promotes communication between caregivers. Incorporates national professional organization as well as business unit and health system's goals to improve patient safety, quality and satisfaction.
- Creates a caring and compassionate patient focused experience by building healing relationships with patients, families and colleagues.
- Demonstrates knowledge of adult learning principles (and/or teaching children if applicable) and applies in teaching of patients, families, students and new staff.
- Provides detailed and appropriate teaching to patients and families to effectively guide them through the episode of care as well as transition to another level of care and/or home.
- Supports the development of students, new staff and colleagues, may serve as a preceptor.
- Creates an environment of open dialogue, inquiry and continuous development by asking for feedback and improving practice.
- Actively participates in department or unit-specific quality improvement efforts. Identifies opportunity for quality improvement to colleagues and management.
- Takes personal responsibility in improving patient satisfaction with the quality of care and service.
- Utilizes research and evidence-based practice to support improvement in clinical care: identifies research issues or articles related to clinical specialty or areas of interest, discusses opportunities for quality improvement at multidisciplinary rounds, and influences patients' plans of care.
- Demonstrates accountability for professional development that improves the quality of professional practice and the quality of patient care. Actively participates in unit-based shared governance, goal setting and supports the change and transition process to improve quality of care and the practice environment.
- Serves as a highly engaged and full partner on the care team and responds willingly to care team member needs for assistance and partnership.
- Participates in work that improves patient care and the professional practice environment.
- Adapts to change and demonstrates flexibility with the change process.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Minimum 1 year experience.
- BSN preferred.
- Prior Emergency Department experience preferred.
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment.
- Exemplary clinical judgment with critical thinking, analytical and problem solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care.
- Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and to lead others in application of the nursing process.
- Mobility and visual manual dexterity. Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients.
- Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse. UPMC approved nursing certification preferred.
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- 6 months to obtain, nihss, nims, acls and PALS
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) OR NIH Stroke Scale (NIH) OR National Incident Management System Incident Command OR National Incident Management System Introduction Course OR Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
More than just competitive pay and benefits, our Total Rewards
package cares for you in all areas of life. Designed to help you achieve your goals, Total Rewards support our belief that you're at your best when you're receiving the support you need in all areas of life: professional, personal, financial, and more.
No matter where we work or what we do, we're driven by common values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. UPMC's values of Quality & Safety , Dignity & Respect , Caring & Listening , Responsibility & Integrity , Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive, experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 583629832Posted: 2020-10-31