A/V Project Manager
Daly Computers has been a trusted IT service provider to government and education customers for over 32 years in the Maryland and Virginia area. Our mission is to combine innovative technologies and services into solutions to help our customers succeed in their mission. Each solution is customized to our customer’s unique specification and environment for optimal benefit, matching industry-leading technology with a sound deployment and execution strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for overseeing the efforts of all project activities and personnel.
· Review all project documents, including drawings, specifications, contracts, scope of work, and construction schedule.
· Acquire a thorough understanding of project requirements and objectives.
· Facilitate internal kick-off meeting with all key participants.
· Create and manage the project plan and schedule.
· Coordinate to schedule personnel for all phases of project execution, including: submittals, engineering, procurement, fabrication, quality control, shipping, installation, programming, commissioning, testing, training, and close-out documentation.
· Function as the focal point for internal and external project communication and documentation.
· Coordinate activities with general contractor, construction manager, owner and other trades, as required.
· Communicate effectively through distribution of weekly status reports to all key project contacts.
· Manage and monitor labor expenditures of all disciplines and personnel over the course of the project lifecycle, and escalate any issues that may impact profitability.
· Proactively manage change control and the change order process.
· Generate or respond to construction communication including, but not limited to: requests for information, change orders, room readiness, delay notifications, theft or damage to materials, tools or vehicles, safety or injury reports, material or inventory manifests, punch lists, field reports, sign-off documents, warranty information, and any other documentation as assigned or required.
· Regularly inspect quality of work performed by staff and subcontractors.
· Ensure all systems meet client objectives, per original design intent and scope of work.
· Coordinate and/or provide training to client.
· Coordinate turn-over and onboarding of project to service department when project concludes.
· Proven management experience.
· Effective time management and attention to detail.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and resources to meet project objectives. Create and maintain project schedule.
· Will possess or acquire a fundamental understanding of AV system functionality and installation process and techniques.
· Ability to troubleshoot and engage subject matter experts when needed to resolve conflicts related to delays, technical challenges, or any other project related issues.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Adobe Acrobat, and AutoCAD viewing or markup utilities.
· Ability to generate timely, concise, professional, and effective business correspondence.
· Ability to read and understand project technical documents, including engineering and architectural drawings, punch lists, schedules, and scopes of work.
· Ability to interact with employees, customers and colleagues in a professional and courteous manner.
· Experience working with competitive bids.