POSITION TITLE: Night Crew Leader DEPARTMENT: GroceryREPORTS TO: Grocery ManagerFLSA STATUS: Non-ExemptJOB SUMMARY:
To supervise, direct and maintain pricing, stocking, facing and rotation of merchandise in the grocery departments.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with training of new night crew leaders and all new night crew employees.
- Assist with ordering of merchandise to maintain adequate inventory levels and minimize out of stocks.
- Assist with overall presentation of the grocery department (block & face) in accordance with company policy.
- Delegate and assign tasks to night crew members as directed by store management and work loads. Follow up on assignments and monitor productivity and performance of night crew employees.
- Monitor procedures for pricing and stocking to ensure accuracy, product rotation, and productivity.
- Monitor stocking procedures to minimize the potential for damage or spoilage.
- Monitor general housekeeping and sanitation in compliance with company policy.
- Monitor and comply with all safety policies.
- Monitor policy compliance as it relates to cash registers, request cash pickups in accordance with company policy.
- Observe security standards by staying alert for unusual behavior from customers and or employees. Report any security concerns to management.
- Promote and maintain positive employee relations.
- Enforce policies and procedures as established by the grocery department.
- Notify store managers and merchandisers of any personnel situations or policy violations requiring disciplinary action.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Assist with unloading of merchandise.
- Assist with breakdown, placing and stocking.
- Assist with blocking and facing of store.
- Assist with general cleanup and presentation.
- Adequate math skills to enable accurate counting of merchandise.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must have dexterity of hands to enable lifting and stocking of merchandise.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs up to 50% of the time.
- Must have the ability to retrieve and place merchandise on the top racks in the grocery aisles for proper storage. The top racking process may be 20% of the time working in the aisles during the shift.
Posting ID: 572671507Posted: 2020-10-06