Doctor's Assistants work in conjunction with the doctors to perform activities involving patient care, pre-testing, post-exam duties, FDT testing and maintain the doctors appointment schedule in a manner that delivers a professional, pleasurable patient experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs preliminary evaluation of patients prior to exam by the OD, such as dilation, topicals, diagnostic medications, etc.
- Perform verbal interview with patient prior to visit with OD to determine medical issues and reasons for their visit for communication to OD prior to appointment
- Assists OD's to care for patients in a timely, effective manner, as closely to appointed schedule as possible
- Instruct patients on medical care as prescribed by the doctor's treatment plan and schedules follow up appointments as needed
- Discusses Lasik with patients and identifies patients interested in Lasik by reviewing patient information forms
- Schedules referral appointments with Ophthalmologists, Crown Diagnostic, Laser Center and completes appropriate paperwork
- Records and maintains patient records / files in compliance with company, federal, and state policies (HIPAA)
- Respond to patient's telephone inquiries regarding medication, treatment, problems referring to the OD as necessary
- Identifies candidates for FDT testing per company standards of care
- Completes proper coding of procedures for payment collection
- Participates in store meetings / projects as requested
- Ensures that maximum OD utilization occurs thru pre-appointment confirmation, daily appointment confirmation, contacting patients from recall listings, partnership with the manager's outreach, etc. (in an office without a PCC)
- Calls all no shows or cancelled patients to reschedule appointments (in an office without a PCC)
- Performs contact lens insertion and removal classes (I&R) and manages the contact lens trial inventory
- Performs end of day responsibilities to include opti-schedule wrap-up, end of day checklist, etc.
- Makes recommendations for efficiencies, processes, etc. which will deliver either quality, cost savings, and / or profitability improvements within the store and / or across the organization
- Performs other duties within the store as requested and as time allows
Posting ID: 578149153Posted: 2021-01-04