It’s the dream job you never have to wake up from. At SONIC, you’ll whistle while you work, gaining a sense of accomplishment along the way. You’ll interact with fantastic people, earn great pay, sport a cool uniform.
As a SONIC Drive-In restaurant General Manager, you are indeed a general—leading your troops in a never-ending campaign to give America an infinitely more delicious food service experience. You will be involved in training and supporting drive-in restaurant employees, ensuring that food is delivered in a clean, safe and efficient manner and our customers have an excellent experience.
Essential General Manager restaurant job duties are listed below:
- Ÿ Manages, trains, monitors and coaches Crew/ Team members, Carhops and Skating Carhops
- Ÿ Directs and assigns drive-in restaurant employees as needed to ensure all aspects of food service meet operational standards
- Ÿ Adheres to and monitors employee compliance of the drive-in employee handbook, policies and practices
- Ÿ Performs restaurant opening and/or closing duties
- Ÿ Prepares employee work schedules; monitors and makes appropriate adjustments to restaurant staffing levels
- Ÿ Monitors and maintains restaurant inventory levels. Places orders for food, paper and other supplies within cost control procedures
- Ÿ Completes and maintains all drive-in restaurant employment related records and payroll records
- Ÿ Reinforces a customer service mentality and ensures all employees are focused on serving the customer at all times.
- Ÿ Immediately and respectfully resolves guest requests. Reports guest complaints to immediate supervisor and assists in resolving such complaints
- Ÿ Interview and hire restaurant crew and management team members to achieve proper staffing levels
- Ÿ Prepare all necessary operational reports. Develop appropriate action plans to resolve unfavorable financial and/or sales trends
- Ÿ Develop and implement a marketing plan
Additional General Manager Requirements:
- Ÿ High school diploma or equivalent required. Advanced studies in business, restaurant management or related fields are preferred
- Ÿ Minimum of two (2) years of restaurant management experience (QSR preferred), experience running shifts without supervision
- Ÿ Required to work a minimum 5 day workweek with 4 closing shifts (or 4 day workweek guaranteed) including irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ÿ Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing and selection practices
- Ÿ Knowledge of federal and state labor laws as well as local health and sanitation laws and regulations
- Ÿ Leadership and supervisory practices and skills; effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ÿ Basic accounting and computer skills
- Ÿ Ability to follow directions and work with autonomy once given directions; ability to multi-task and successfully solve problems
- Ÿ Problem solving, decision-making and conflict-resolution skills
- Ÿ Willingness to abide by the appearance, uniform and hygiene standards at SONIC
Sure, classic cars and vintage threads may be things of the past, but the Sonic Drive-In experience will always be groovy, right on, awesome, wicked, fab, the bee’s knees, cruisin’ . . . you get the picture! It’s downright sensational!!
All that’s missing is you, so APPLY TODAY!
SONIC and its independent franchise owners are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Posting ID: 48158306Posted: 2020-07-14