This position is responsible for patient check-in and check-out as well as to deliver outstanding customer service to all patients. Ensure patients feel welcome to the practice and continue to return in order to receive top quality health care treatment.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Computer literate including knowledge of Microsoft Word preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Highly motivated and organized.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Empathetic with patients’ needs and concerns.
- Ability to excel under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Treat patients and co-workers with respect.
- Provide outstanding patient service.
- Patient Check-In/Check-Out
- Responsible for patient check-in, greeting everyone in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Track patients in the reception area and communicate with them as needed.
- Make copies of scripts for providers.
- Responsible for collecting appropriate payment upon patient check-in or check-out. Assist in collecting past due balances.
- Thank patient by name and offer additional assistance if necessary.
- Evaluate chart data to verify all information has been received, completed, and signatures obtained.
- Verify insurance eligibility.
- Obtain referrals when necessary.
Accuracy with the following information
- Scan patients’ insurance cards and driver’s licenses.
- Ensure that proper authorization or referral is collected from the patient.
- Assist patients in obtaining authorization or referrals that have not been received by the practice.
- Enter all new patient demographic information into the computer.
- Mark arrival time of patients in an office and assist in making sure patients are seen in a timely manner.
- Schedule follow-up appointments if needed. If not scheduled, follow the appropriate recall procedure.
- Ensure payments are collected.
- Verify that all payments are accounted for and entered correctly on daily balance reports.
- Place telephone calls on no-show appointments; reschedule as needed.
- Provide back-up support on telephones.
- Ensure the reception room is neat and orderly.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Assist with other general office duties as needed.
Monday-Friday 9:00am-2:00pm with some flexibility.
Medical group consisting of 4 physicians, offering physical therapy and pain management injections. Billing and collections are done in-house.
Posting ID: 607851675Posted: 2021-03-02