At CrowdStrike we're on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We've earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people - clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you're ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let's talk.
About the Role:
The Data Systems Engineer will work remotely to provide the Technical Operations (TechOps) team with expert analyses and insights to facilitate the cost and resource optimization of CrowdStrike's multi-cloud environment, one that currently handles over 3 trillion events a week. The ideal candidate must be adept and comfortable with performing independent ad-hoc calculations and generate reports from data that are continually generated by the tens of thousands of servers in our cloud infrastructure.
- Data analysis and basic statistics using one or more of the following - Excel, Python, R, SQL.
- Implement and apply methods and processes to help report, analyze, and manage costs associated with multi-cloud infrastructures.
- Monitor and generate reports associated with changes in data center and public cloud resource use.
- Assist in growth forecasting and capacity planning
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university. Equivalent field experience considered.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing infrastructure
- Strong ability for communicating technical detail into succinct and fact-based business terminology, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong ability for using independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and take action to solve problems.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner.
- Strong ability to plan, organize and prioritize work independently and meet deadlines.
- Strong ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Familiarity with how Data Center hardware is priced, how OpEx is priced, and especially how Cloud Service Providers price and report their charges
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform(GCP), and Microsoft
- Knowledge of Tableau and other big data analysis and visualization tools
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Posting ID: 580734345Posted: 2020-10-19