The Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for providing services and support in multiple functional areas of Human Resources for a multi-state private company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review time and attendance records for completeness and accuracy for all companies
• Prepare bi-weekly payroll for processing with proper general ledger coding and departmental allocations
• Administer various employee benefit programs, such as group insurance, flexible spending accounts, dependent care accounts, 401(k)
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee and benefit information in the HR systems by processing all status changes, salary changes, garnishments, terminations, and withholding requests immediately upon notification by the employee
• Manage leave and paid time off programs in the HR systems, such as vacation, bereavement, sick, and leave of absence
• Prepare required daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as well as special reports as requested
• Participate in the planning and execution of employee functions and events.
• Assist with onboarding of all new employees, such as new employee orientation, explanation of benefits, explanation of company policies, practices and procedures, verifying I-9 and E-Verify
• Assist with compensation and benefits planning and administration including coordination of annual open enrollment, changes in coverage and reconciliation with benefit providers
• Assist in development of personnel policies and procedures and maintain the employee handbooks
• Assist in creation of new employee job descriptions and maintain current job descriptions
• Assist in administration of workers compensation claims
• Coordinate COBRA and other benefits for terminated employees
• Research and analyze various HR scenarios for management
• Stay current with local, state and Federal HR laws, legislation, and trends, and maintain compliance. Investigate and manage employee complaints.
• Perform other HR duties as assigned by management
* Thorough knowledge of local, state and Federal laws pertaining to HR is required
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
* Must exercise the highest level of confidentiality and integrity
* Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Must be detail-oriented, possess a high degree of accuracy and work well under pressure
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* A bachelor's degree and three to five years of HR experience; or
* A master's degree in HR Management and two years of HR experience; or
* Five years of HR experience and a PHR certification
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits package
This is a full-time position and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Posting ID: 58550565Posted: 2020-07-14