Located in Fremont, Ohio, ProMedica Memorial Hospital has served thecitizens of Sandusky County and the adjacent communities since 1918. In fact, our hospital was built with funds raised by members of our community on land donated by the family of former United States President, Rutherford B. Hayes.
RNs play a vital role in collaboration and implementation of the continuum of care for their patients. Never the same each day in terms of patient interaction or scope of treatments. Ideal for candidates that want to use their critical thinking and problem solving skills to make a true difference in their patient's health and personal lives. If you are interested we invite you to apply!Job Roles/Essential Functions
- Applies the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served (i.e.: infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric) as written in the departmental standards.
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents outcomes related to nursing diagnosis and patient care problems for each patient. Collaborates with all members of the health care team to promote a seamless patient care continuum. Coordinates patients plan of care through effective shift-to-shift communication.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for all patients and their significant other(s).
- Utilizes appropriate techniques necessary to control / prevent infections.
- Employs critical thinking skills and sound judgment in all aspects of care Initiates emergency care as necessary and maintains BCLS and other certifications required by the job, i.e. ACLS
- Addresses patient/family education needs considering patient level of comprehension, style of learning, and discharge needs.
- Follows proper chain of command when issues/problems arise and demonstrates appropriate follow-through
- Displays professionalism at all times and maintains patient confidentiality. Lives out the LHA guiding principles and commitment to co-workers and philosophy of care for the department.
- Stays current in field of specialty by actively participating in continuing education and maintaining certifications and annual competencies.
- Actively participates in orienting new staff and contributes to the growth of others.
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing
- Previous experience in an acute care setting preferred
- Current state appropriate license as a Registered Nurse
- ACLS required within one year of hire
- PALS required within one year of hire
- Ability to respond effectively and efficiently to critical situations involving patients, personnel and visitors in a professional manner
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Demonstrates sound clinical skills and judgment
- Ability to critique own daily practice for error and pursue corrective action
- Ability to deal effectively with a changing environment and be open to new ideas
- Functions as a dependable team ember, assisting when requested and volunteering when the need is obvious
- Able to communicate effectively with all members of the health care team
ProMedicais a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 30 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 70,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,700 physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and 450 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
- Medium - lifting 50 lbs maximum, with frequent lifting / carrying up to 25 lbs, Frequent prolonged standing / walking, Lifts, positions, pushes or transfers patients, Lifts supplies and equipment.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language.
- Must be able to see, hear, and move intermittently or use prosthetics that will enable you to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details
Posting ID: 565166747Posted: 2020-07-24