Great opportunity for a civil construction Project Engineer in Fresno, CA. If you have a Construction Management or similar degree and are interested in a career in underground construction, this highly successful general contractor has a great opportunity for you. Improve the quality of life of the communities we serve by building and maintaining essential infrastructure--water, gas, electric, communication lines. Learn from the best while becoming an owner in the Company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan and a Stock Purchase Plan. Ideal candidates will be detail oriented, committed to quality work, have excellent communication skills (verbal/written), have experience with Blue Beam and MS Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel and have a very strong interest in civil construction. West Valley Construction is looking for Top Talent and if you feel you would be a great candidate, apply today!
Project Engineer Duties:
- Assist Project Managers from beginning through completion of project
- Attending pre-construction meetings
- Assisting in coordinating work schedules with customers
- Providing consumer notifications
- Obtaining required permits
- Submitting traffic control plans
- Assigning crews
- Visiting job sites regularly, providing oversight
- Managing budgets and job files
- Ensuring compliance with safety requirements
Project Engineer Requirements:
- B.S. in Construction Management or similar degree preferred; 5 years’ experience in underground construction-wet/dry utilities, or combination in education and experience.
- Valid CA driver’s license.
- Computer literate.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to progress to Project Management and estimating role
- Understanding of safety regulations
West Valley Construction Company has been in business since 1958. We are an employee owned company. Employees are eligible to participate in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan after 6 months of employment. The Company makes the contribution to the Plan which equals 6 - 10% of total compensation (base pay and bonus), and there is an opportunity to purchase stock in the Company through a Stock Purchase Plan. The company offers an interest free loan to purchase the stock; dividends are paid twice a year. We provide excellent salary and benefits including Medical, Vision, Dental and Health Savings Account with Company contributions. We also provide Paid Sick Leave, Paid Vacation and an annual bonus based on performance. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any basis.
Posting ID: 575238360Posted: 2020-10-21