Clinical Licensure Required: RT, RRT, RCP, CRT
We are a growing respiratory company specializing in treating the most challenging respiratory patients inside the home by pairing the best in class technology & equipment with the clinical care of a full-time Respiratory Therapist. Our mission is to educate, nurture, and inspire our patients to lead better lives.
Our Disease Management program has earned national attention, making us the number one independent ventilation provider in the United States. In recent random studies of our patient population, we have shown a 30-day COPD re-admission rate of 5.7% compared to the industry average of 20-22%*. Over 93% of our patients share that they actually “Breathe Better” on our treatment program!
While our Respiratory Therapists provide the highest level of clinical care and support for our patients, our Clinical Sales Representatives work in conjunction with healthcare decision-makers to ensure a comfortable transition for the patient from the hospital to their home. This achieves better management of the length of stay and re-admission rates to hospitals, which reduces costs for patients and brings personalized clinical care directly to the patient from the comfort of their own home.
We are currently experiencing explosive growth throughout the country! We are actively seeking dynamic individuals to join our VieMed family. If you are self-motivated, energetic, and career-minded, Viemed could be the company for you!
This position is a field-based, business development, hands-on clinical sales position that requires a candidate with the drive and skill to be a respiratory care practitioner, patient advocate, and positive representative of VieMed. This position is responsible for identifying & initiating one-on-one dialog with new potential referral sources and maintaining positive relationships with existing referral sources. They will leverage their clinical and sales expertise to design/develop cutting edge sales strategies to drive VieMed’s disease management program and respiratory products to new market potential to grow the business within the assigned territory.
The candidate will spend most of their time (80% or more) in the field: networking, building relationships, and educating referral sources* within the hospital on all the benefits of VieMed’s disease management program will improve the lives of their patients with Chronic Respiratory Failure.
*Hospital Referral Sources: Pulmonologist, Hospitalist, Critical Care Physicians, Case Managers, and Social Workers
This position also provides in-home clinical respiratory services to our patients.
Essential Sales Duties and Responsibilities:
- Market VieMed’s disease management program to potential and existing referral sources
- Develop sales territory action plans and call strategies to maintain ongoing business with current accounts and apply working knowledge of clinical, consultative, and strategic selling skills to drive new market potential to grow the business within assigned territory
- Coordinate and provide educational presentations and in-services for healthcare providers
- Responsible for account activity, sales documentation, reports, and territory management
- Partners with all clinical, managerial, sales staff, and other internal departments within to promote and market our home respiratory therapy services to all referral sources to drive sales growth
- Works with the office staff to ensure prompt and accurate billing and documentation of services, including providing adequate information to satisfy third-party payor guidelines for coverage
- Required to provide availability for patient contact and response to patient needs
- Maintain a level of performance that meets or exceeds the sales quotas
- Other duties/projects as assigned
- Must be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with internal and external referral sources geographically located within assigned territory
- Exhibits effective oral and written communication with physicians, location staff, patients, and all referral sources to ensure questions and concerns are processed promptly
- Ability to plan, implement, and execute strategies independently to achieve sales goals effectively
- Exhibit a sense of urgency for goal achievement with a strong commitment to results
- Builds relationships with referral sources, patients, and caregivers
- Strong organizational, prioritizing, and territory management skills
- Be flexible, self-driven, accountable for results, autonomous, yet supportive of team efforts
The qualified candidate is well-connected and has established relationships with the Pulmonary, Critical Care, & Hospitalist physicians within the local community. (Required)
The qualified candidate must be:
- Able to provide three letters of recommendation from local Pulmonologist
- Must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to provide three letters of recommendation from Pulmonologist physicians (required)
- Must have a current, valid, active state driver’s license with a clean driving record, and own reliable transportation is required.
- Employment is contingent upon a drug screening test and background check.
- A proven track record of successful sales experience in a health care setting, and experience working with physicians, nursing management, discharge planners, case managers, and social workers
- Two or more years demonstrated full life cycle healthcare sales experience from lead generation, educating the referral source, persistent follow-up, and follow through on all leads, issues, and success stories
- Two or more years of experience as a Clinical Liaison, preferably within the LTACH level of care
- Previous marketing and/or LTACH marketing experience
- Previous clinical experience preferred with demonstrated skills in clinical patient assessment
- Formal sales training preferred
Respiratory Therapist Essential Functions:
Responsible for the overall clinical, technical, and administrative functions at the location on record regarding the Home Respiratory Therapist program.
- Responsible for the installation/delivery of respiratory therapist equipment and provision of all needed supplies and products to the patients in the home and ongoing assessment of patients and equipment.
- Responsible for clinical contact with the physician, referred contacts, health care practitioners, and others involved in the care of the patients referred to Sleep Management, LLC d/b/a VieMed for home respiratory therapist services.
- Responsible for the maintenance of records, charting, progress notes, clinical files, equipment records, preventative maintenance records, and other necessary documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of all Sleep Management/VieMed assets and supplies.
- Responsible for company vehicle maintenance and service (paid for by Sleep Management, LLC d/b/a VieMed).
- Ensures that company vehicle is maintained per applicable accreditation standards at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring all pertinent demographic information is updated regularly and with any change in personal or professional status.
- Responsible for the overseeing of all applicable regulatory rules and guidelines as pertains to the staff respiratory therapist.
- Responsible for orientation and training of subordinate or newly hired respiratory therapist staff service technicians.
- Exhibits effective written and verbal communication skills. Adheres to cost-containment policies and procedures.
- Works with the office staff to ensure prompt and accurate billing and documentation of services, including providing adequate information to satisfy third-party payor guidelines for coverage.
- Works with all clinical, managerial, and sales staff to promote and market home respiratory therapy services to all referral sources.
- Ensures proper, accurate, and safe operation of all equipment before installation.
- Required to provide availability for patient contact and response to patient needs.
- Work with fellow RTs in the area on a rotating on-call schedule.
- Work with team members (other RTs, PCC’s, and various departments) to ensure tasks are completed.
- Other duties/projects as assigned
- Technical Capacity
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Financial Management
- Presentation Skills
- Clinical Licensure Required (RT, RRT, CRT, RCP)
- A valid/current Respiratory Therapist license in the State in which you practice.
- Respiratory Therapist must have extensive experience in a hospital setting, including ICU/CCU adult ventilator management
- Previous marketing and/or rehabilitation/LTACH experience is preferred
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and own reliable transportation is required
- Employment is contingent upon a drug screening test and background check.
- The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- EE must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- EE must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Sales: This job operates in the field by calling on, marketing to both existing and potential referral sources:
- i.e., Pulmonologist, Hospitalist, Critical Care Physicians, Hospitals, Case Managers, Social Workers, etc.
- RT: This job will require the employee to go to patient homes to set up and service devices.
You will be expected to work during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Please note this job description is not designed to cover and/or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Uncapped Commissions
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Monthly Car & Cell Phone Allowance
- Fuel Card
- Marketing Allowance
- Life Insurance
- And Much More!
At VieMed, we pride ourselves on what has driven our success, teamwork, and exceptional patient care. We appreciate the value our employees provide. We realize our current success and future growth depend on the abilities of our VieMed team. We are committed to providing a comprehensive compensation and benefits package for employees, making significant investments in our employees to enhance their personal and professional skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover and/or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- EEO is the Law in English and Spanish
- EEO is the Law Supplement in English and Spanish
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination in English and Spanish
- Voluntary Self-Identification in English and Spanish
- VieMed participates in E-Verify. Details in English and Spanish