Warehouse Picks, packs, and ships stock items to customers and other branches in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with established procedures; efficiently and safely transports, sorts, and stocks items; assists counter sales customers; makes hose assemblies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Transports incoming and outgoing stock items to designated areas utilizing appropriate tools/vehicles to accomplish task including but not limited to hand dolly, forklift, and/or pallet jack.
· Processes all in- and outbound shipments including but not limited to sorting, logging, delivering to internal departments, picking, packing, and shipping.
· Performs quality inspections on incoming and outgoing items.
· Audits each shipment prior to packing to ensure that items match order.
· Packs and labels product in accordance with established standards.
· Prepares shipping and receiving documentation; maintains orderly files for all documentation.
· Sorts and places items on racks, shelves, or bins in accordance with the Items Put Away Report.
· Assigns and maintains bin locations for stock items.
· Participates in scheduling of daily transportation by contacting carriers.
· Processes all receiving transactions and paperwork.
· Inspects all incoming freight for damage; follows-up with purchasing to resolve any damaged freight issues.
· Assists in responses to requests for tracing of missing shipments.
· Conducts physical inventory and/or cycle counts; replenishes stock from back-up locations as needed.
· Participates in quality improvement efforts.
· Maintains a safe, clean working environment in all warehouse areas.
· Assists in maintaining levels of material inventory such as boxes and padding.
· Greets counter customers and assists with pick tickets/packing slips to complete transactions.
· Fabricates hose assemblies and tests when required.
· Maintains hose fabrication and other equipment, notifying management when maintenance is required.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 1+ years related experience or equivalent.
· Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Commitment to excellence and high standards.
· Solid written and oral communication skills.
· Organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
· Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
· Attention to detail.
· Proficient in using UPS WorldShip®; and ERP (TrulinX) a plus.
· Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
· Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
· Quality--Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity--Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly. Safety and Security--Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Adaptability--Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Dependability-- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time; Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: