The Engineering Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing administrative staff functions for Engineering and Maintenance Management personnel, consistent with the administrative policies, guidelines, and procedures of the company. This position will also provide support to the maintenance department by managing the PM (Preventative Maintenance) and standard work order system. This position will manage the generation, scheduling and reporting of work orders to be assigned by the maintenance manager. This position requires a high degree of organizational, communicative, and administrative skills to successfully support the management responsibilities of Engineering and Maintenance Management.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to Engineering and Maintenance Management personnel.
- Proactively streamline and facilitate work demands of Engineering and Maintenance Management personnel within a broad scope of discretion and a high level of confidentiality, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Support the Engineering function by writing Capital Project Requests, Ordering and following up on equipment purchases, correctly manage capital project budget reports and provide reports as required for project management and engineering functions.
- Support the Maintenance function by writing work orders, managing PM process, ordering and following up on parts orders, work closely with maintenance manager to make sure work orders are scheduled and completed, development and updating reports on PM completion, WO completion and departmental records.
- Support the Finance department by reviewing, tracking invoices and obtaining approvals for all purchases made for capital and maintenance projects.
- Manage schedules by coordinating and arranging appointments, meeting space and services (food, beverage, and audio/visual), and arranging travel.
- Ensure all meeting and travel arrangements are finalized, communicated, and cost-effective. Process expense reports, check requests and other accounting forms in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Facilitate and ensure execution of agreements and contracts through the Chairman/CEO's office and Finance.
- Participate, as appropriate, in execution of larger projects within Engineering.
- Assist with on-boarding of temporary staff, contractors and interns. Prepare routine and non-routine reporting material such as presentations, metrics and status reports.
- May research information for report preparation, problem resolution, or inquiries.
- Perform a variety of other duties specific to the department.
- A demonstrable understanding and acceptance of the mission, values, goals and objectives of the company.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office software programs, office management principles, filing systems, and other office processes.
- Experience with Maintenance Parts Purchasing and CMMS
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality with sensitive materials, successfully interact with executive-level staff and diverse employee populations, compose drafts and final responses to inquiries, letters, and questionnaires, deal with multiple deadlines and priorities in an executive setting, compile and analyze data and prepare reports utilizing information processing technology and software.
- Ability to organize tasks into manageable outlines for timely completion.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of two (2) years successful administrative assistant experience with a manufacturing company.
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment or in support of a Maintenance/Engineering function strongly preferred.
- Bachelors Degree, preferred.
- Associates Degree, preferably in Engineering.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and open office environment and adapt to frequently changing needs
Working 30-40 hours per week. Pay is $16/hr.
Must have strong Excel Skills and Email writing skills.
Compensation / Pay Rate (Up to): $16.00
Posting ID: 588277504Posted: 2020-11-20