Work LocationOrange, California
At CHOC Children's, we strive to be the leading destination of children's health by providing exceptional and innovative care. We are responsible for the overall health of our community's pediatric population in our hospitals, clinics, and practices. And because of our breadth of care, your career at CHOC Children's can be as diverse and fulfilling as you determine. CHOC Children's compensation structure, benefits offerings, and career development programs are geared to helping you achieve your professional and personal goals. Apply now to see where your career at CHOC Children's can take you.
Job SummaryThe Transition Program Medical Director provides primary medical administrative leadership to the Pediatric to Adult Care Transition program. This program focuses on the transition of patients and families from pediatric to adult care at CHOC Children's Hospital. Creates strategic plans for program development and growth including planning and overseeing clinical and administrative operations and programs. Organizes the efforts to seek grant funding and/or philanthropic support for the CHOC Transition Program. Provides direct oversight of program staffing and budget, and development of objective measures to demonstrate programmatic success. Establishes partnerships with local adult healthcare systems and community-based programs for adolescents and young adults with special health care needs.
• Experience Required: Five (5) years of experience in healthcare. Minimum of one (1) year in healthcare funding and operations experience.
• Experience Preferred: Preferred clinical experience in pediatrics, family medicine, adolescent medicine or internal medicine fields. Also prefer some administrative experience in the medical field.
• Required: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy (M.D. or D.O.).
• Preferred: Board Certification in Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, or Family Medicine
• Required: Clinical background in pediatrics, adolescent medicine, family medicine, or internal medicine.
• Preferred: Completion of approved Residency in Pediatrics, Internal Medicine-Pediatrics, Family Medicine, or Internal Medicine.
• Required: Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal relationship and collaboration skills. Excellent analytical and organization skills; excellent critical thinking, judgment, and problem-solving skills. Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area. Strong attention to detail, vigilance, poise, and composure in stressful situations.
• Preferred: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products.
• Required: Current CA Medical License; Current DEA registration; Board Certification Eligible and certification within 3 years of hire date
Posted 3 Days Ago
Recognized year after year as national leader in employee engagement, and named one of the best children's hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, this is an exciting time to be at CHOC Children's. Our campus is constantly growing and offering new state-of-the art programs and services as we continue to meet the needs of more than 250,000 children annually, making the opportunities for career enrichment endless.
We offer highly competitive salary levels and benefits, but the personal growth and fulfillment you'll find at CHOC, coupled with an inspiring mission to nurture, advance, and protect the health and well being of children, are perhaps the most valuable payouts of all. We hope you will join our dedicated and talented team of associates committed to the highest standards of care and making a difference in the lives of children in Orange County - and beyond.