The Executive Housekeeper manages all facets of the Housekeeping Department, ensuring maintenance of high levels of guest service and satisfaction to include guest accommodations, laundry, and public areas and work areas. Provides training to departmental associates. Enforces policies and procedures and standards as established by systems operation.
• Smile when "On Stage"
• Adhere to PCI compliance standards
• Protects the privacy and security of all guests
• Is neatly attired at all times in the required uniform and name tag
• Assists General Manager in the development of Housekeeping department's annual budget and monitors department's perfonnance as compared to budget.
• Manages according to established company procedures.
• Schedules staff according to forecasted occupancy.
• Orders and receives supplies to maintain adequate inventory levels.
• Monitors and maintains level of cleanliness in accommodations, storage areas, laundry, restrooms, and public areas.
• Compiles and reports accurate accommodation status to Front Office.
• Enforces standard procedures for the acceptance, security, and return of guest lost and found items.
• Uses Quore to document lost and found, maintenance issues, guest requests and guest room inspections.
• Communicates any discrepancies in accommodation status and ensures that corrective action is taken.
• Communicates with other department heads to resolve deficiencies and repair items.
• Perfonns special assignments and projects as requested.
• Maintains security of keys.
• Monitors payroll and control costs, remaining within budget.
• Introduces and manages any NHG programs.
• Ensures completion orientation checklists, training guides and all training documentatio.n
• Trains and supervisors the departmental trainer.
• Assigns each new hire a training buddy and supervises the training effort and on boarding of each new associate.
• Coaches associates when rules are not being met, offers encouragement and works with NHG mentors to improve performance.
• Maintains standard procedures for security of on-loan equipment.
• Conducts monthly inventory of linen, supplies and equipment.
• Maintains budgeted labor standards by forecasting and comparing forecast to actual.
• Establishes and maintains cost-control systems on linen inventories, cleaning supplies and labor costs, by forecasting and comparing forecast to actual.
Product Quality/Guest Satisfaction:
• Maintains room quality and amenities based on hotel objectives and policy and procedures.
• Ensures quality services are rendered in meeting guests' needs that good guest relations are enhanced.
• Works with other department heads to resolve guest complaints.
• Is responsible for the orientation, training and development, performance evaluations, coaching and termination of all housekeeping and laundry staff
• Maintains departmental communication through the effective use of staff meetings, Quore and bulletin boards.
• Manages in compliance with all Company, State, Local and Federal procedures.
• Maintains control of associate uniforms, ensuring that uniforms and name badges are worn, kept in proper condition, project high grooming standards, and are readily available at all times to associates. Ensures that non-uniformed associates are not allowed to remain on duty.
• Participates in the MOD program.
• Records and processes Workman's Comp reports as needed.
• Records and processes incident reports as needed.
• Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to those contained in the NHG Handbook
• Leads by Example!
• Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
Physical Demands: Requires walking and standing to a significant degree. Requires ability to perform housekeeping chores (cleaning units or assisting in the laundry) which involve lifting, bending, and stretching. Requires the ability to lift 25-30 pounds infrequently. Requires ability to communicate both orally and in writing with guests and co-workers. Ability to follow schedule keeping in mind that the hotel is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Therefore, you may be required to work holidays, weekdays, weekends and different times during a 24 hour day. Must have the ability to perform physical labor.
Environmental Conditions: Inside and outside.
Essential Skills: Requires knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, staffing, and scheduling. Supervisory/Management skills: development of housekeeping staff. Ability to maintain records and communicates effectively with members of other hotel departments. Ability to order and receive supplies and maintain adequate inventory levels. Requires familiarity with standards and procedures. Must have the ability to professionally represent the hotel, deal positively with the public, and possess pleasant telephone manner.
Educational Preparation: Associates' Degree in Hotel management; however, skills/knowledge gained through on-the-job training and previous experience may substitute for degree. Minimum five years housekeeping experience with three years in a supervisory capacity required.
This Position Description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may be asked to perform. It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to perform the job successfully.