WHO WE ARE:
Donatos mission is to promote goodwill through our products and service, principles and people. In order to grow this mission, it is important to achieve our business goals through our growth. Success is achieved by all of us, pulling in the same direction and by exhibiting behaviors that generate positive results.
OUR SUCCESS BEHAVIORS:
Is a “People First” Leader: Serves, inspires and EMPOWERS others to lead through service. Releases and shares power; listens carefully to others and welcomes input from all levels, invests time and energy developing others' potential; promotes empathy and tolerance; recognizes when morale is low and demonstrates concern for associate’s personal well-being; Is transparent and honest and models the behavior expected from others; follows through on promises. Freely admits mistakes, encourages a spirit of cooperation and inspires organizational commitment; articulates a clear vision of the future; looks for new ways to simplify jobs.
Opportunity Seeking: Symbolized by the passion we feel in our heart, this is the entrepreneurial spirit that drives us to find opportunities, create excitement, build enthusiasm, act like an owner and accomplish tasks.
Disciplined: Symbolized by focused clarity we have in our head, this is the logical, strategic, fact based approach to doing business that focuses all of our passionate enthusiasm toward the activities that will make a difference.
Live: A balanced, healthy lifestyle brings you personal power and energy to achieve your dreams.
Love: A clear focus on your values keeps you rooted in what’s important.
Laugh: Understanding and connecting with others builds strong relationships, fun and creativity.
Learn: There is always a better way…. learn, grow, stretch – keep moving forward.
Trust, Integrity, Accountability, Consistency, Hospitality, Creativity, Community Engagement, Leadership, Fairness, Family, Humility
Position Description - Outcome Based
The Service Manager’s role is to elevate the level of customer service at their restaurant including phone greeting, dining room experience, window and delivery.
- Interacts with guests enthusiastically
- Identifies and removes service barriers
- Ensures the team delivers all elements of Donatos Service Behaviors.
- Serves guests within Promise times.
- Ensures orders are delivered accurately.
- Listens attentively to guests.
- Utilizes Zone Management Systems to ensure shift execution (pre/post-shift checklists, game plans, and dough plans).
- Understands and coaches the principle drivers for People, Promise and Prosperity in each zone
- Communicates with and supports other Zone Managers for effective transition and operating results.
- Models performance standards in all zones (primary responsibility is to direct and coach, secondary responsibility is to assist).
- Anticipates the needs of the guests at all access points.
- Takes personal responsibility and ownership for managing a zone to deliver Quality, Service and Prosperity.
- Ensures staffing levels are optimal during all volume periods.
- Manages food, labor and costs through training and coaching.
- Performs all product-planning procedures.
- Acts in a timely and decisive manner to adjust staffing for business volume changes
- Controls food cost components of waste, prep, weights, portioning and theft during shifts.
- Demonstrates and enforces operating norms such as uniform policies, timeliness, safety procedures, etc.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to hourly Associates
- Executes plans to improve team satisfaction based on Associate Survey and retention measurements
- Knows, enforces and educates Associates on all applicable labor laws.
- Contributes to the team morale by displaying enthusiasm and commitment by word and action.
- Completes assigned shift paperwork
- Opens and/or closes the restaurant with proper administrative procedures.
- Trains and enforces correct cash control procedures.
The following education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA’s) are required to perform in this role:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Has attained Level 3 Certification in all job stations.
- Has attained certification on all Zone Management modules.
- Has passed the basic OPS test.
- External Candidates: 1 year experience as Shift Lead or Manager.
Position Description - Outcome Based
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Dealing With Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Timely Decision Making - Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
- Decision Quality - Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate
- Functional/Technical Skills - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Integrity and Trust - Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Informing - Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
- Planning - Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Priority Setting - Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Process Management - Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Must be able to safely and successfully perform the essential functions of this position, meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Able to lift to 50 pounds.