The Communications Project Leader develops, supports and executes strategies, plans, and tactics for a wide range of functions within the Institute. This position develops and prepares strategic content for internal and external platforms across various media and channels. This position works in collaboration with all levels of the Institute, including executive leadership and across business units, to deliver communications strategies within these areas and advance the overall corporate culture, reputation, and brand. As part of a comprehensive communications team, the Communications Project Leader supports a range of communications and brand services functions.
• Start-to-end oversight of communications projects including strategy development, content development, overseeing design, production, stakeholder review and distribution.
• Identify and execute against company and department goals and strategies, and collaborate with key teams to develop integrated program communication plans.
• Research, write and produce a variety of media in support of communication activities including web sites and pages, intranet content, videos (script writing), presentations, brochures, and major corporate collaterals.
• Assess/procure/assign creative and production staff, including writers, editors, and designers for developing, creating, and publishing/posting/delivering content - including printed collaterals, presentations, web pages, marketing materials, video scripts, etc.
• Maintain and provide access to various tools and resources in support of communications activities, including management of vendor relationships and budget planning and control.
• Provide business management of the EPRI Journal and/or other corporate communications products, including necessary contractors, contingent workers, and budget.
• Provide communications support and counsel to departments as needed.
• Coordinate and collaborate with communications colleagues across business units to ensure strategic alignment and consistency.
• Co-lead corporate brand management, including the development of standards, processes and systems, and the effective communication and support of the brand throughout EPRI.
• Manage and deliver other projects and duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or Public Relations or related field preferred with a minimum of 6 years related work experience, or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information clearly, concisely and creatively.
• Solid writing skills with experience in crafting messaging for multiple audiences across internal and external channels, including corporate and/or marketing content, web content, video scripts, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team of external contractors and service providers
• Experience in development and execution of strategic communications plans across a complex, matrixed organization.
• Strong project management skills from planning through execution using multiple channels and work with various stakeholders.
• Ability to work collaboratively and foster productive relationships in a detail-oriented and fast paced environment
• Experience in development of content for digital communications channels, including digital magazine, websites, and intranets.
• Strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects from inception to completion, adhering to deadlines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat)
• Finely tuned project management skills.
• Base communication skills for EPRI communicators applicable to this position:
a. Develop and implement communication plans and message maps;
b. Write and edit feature and hard news stories;
c. Develop press releases, media advisories, fact sheets, frequently asked questions;
d. Develop presentations;
e. Understand basic layout concepts for all media;
f. Ably use social and digital media and e-business tools;
g. Educate fellow employees and improve employee skills in the full range of business communications;
h. Represent EPRI (in non-technical discussions) at conferences and briefings; be able to network effectively for EPRI.
• Highly Desired:
a. Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud products (InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Premiere).
b. Knowledge of HTML and other web content tools.
c. Able to manage video production.
d. Creation, maintenance and management of integrated editorial calendars
Skills and Attributes:
• Enthusiasm for communications
• Desire to help others succeed
• Analytical; able to discern and utilize connections between people and companies
• Ability to think strategically, assess business risks and opportunities, and apply creative problem-solving skills
• Flexible; able to adapt
• Superior interpersonal and influencing skills
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S. visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/Disabled
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Electricity.