The Director of Operations will oversee the day-to-day activities of an assigned group of restaurants, ensuring that the organization is well managed, performing efficiently and profitably.
- Participates in the hiring and training of restaurant managers.
- Organizes and oversees the work quality and schedules of managers.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Assist’s GM’s with discipline and termination of employees as needed.
- Accountable for quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness are evaluated; identifies and acts upon opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures and P & L statements.
- Implements and upholds policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Ensures work environments are adequate and safe.
- Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and cost of sales to achieve financial objectives.
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Implements and promotes marketing promotions. Makes marketing proposals and helps to stay relevant with current restaurant marketing trends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of practices, and policies involved in the restaurant.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- Extensive and diversified background with at least 8 years of restaurant experience, 2-3 years in a multi-unit leadership role.
- High school diploma. Additional relevant courses of study and/or industry certifications a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
Posting ID: 587732563Posted: 2020-11-17