Edgewood Management Corporation is a 45 year old, premiere affordable property management company, responsible for 27,000 units in fourteen states and the District of Columbia. Edgewood's portfolio represents a variety of multifamily product that includes high-rise, mid-rise, garden and townhouse style rental units.
Edgewood Management Corporation provides superior management services for a variety of residential properties and has an exceptional track record to resolve problems and reposition troubled assets in all areas: operations, administrative, financial and physical. Edgewood Management Corporation recognized as the 9th largest manager of Affordable Housing by the National Affordable Housing Management Association and the 50th largest manager by the National Multi-Housing Council.
Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients and our employees. Edgewood Management Corporation offers a supportive environment where employees are encouraged to develop their skills and talents to their fullest potential. Edgewood is always looking for positive, motivated, and hardworking individuals to join our Edgewood Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeping the premises of the office, building, and grounds in clean and orderly condition
- Will assist with cleaning, turning and painting vacant apartments
- Light landscaping
- Assist in the preparation of market ready units, including remove trash from vacant apartments (trash outs) prior to make-ready.
- clean common areas
- Transport trash and waste to disposal area
- Demonstrate strong professionalism and integrity while representing Edgewood Management
- Change locks, make keys when directed
- Remove trash from office areas and apartment community perimeter on a daily basis.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor/Property Manager and/or perform assigned maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
- Assist maintenance team with snow removal (If applicable)
- Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on available apartments, models, clubhouse, and/or common areas to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Check and replace exterior lighting on a regular basis
- If certified for pool maintenance, clean and maintain pool as directed
- Maintain awareness of proper safety precautions at all times
- Constantly observes condition of apartment property throughout the property and immediately report and/or initiate action to correct unsafe conditions
- Needs to be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs and sewer clean outs
- Ensure that storage areas remain locked when not in use
- Safely operate pressure washer to maintain curb appeal Assist in keeping grounds neat and free of litter; rake, sweep, shovel as circumstances warrant
- Maintain good relations with residents at all times
- Maintain professional levels of hygiene and appearance
- The Porter/Groundsman is responsible for meticulous upkeep of grounds, amenities, dumpster area, building exteriors, leasing office, parking lots and all other community buildings.
- Physically walk the property on a frequent basis and remove litter, debris and pet droppings from the grounds
- It is critical that the following areas remain neat and free of litter at all times: Pool area, Laundry room, Mail rooms/area (if applicable), dumpster areas, Recreation areas, Grounds adjacent to the road, in front of the office, Walkways to and from, and in-between buildings Parking lots and drives
- Perform "trash-out" duties at vacated apartments on a daily basis Remove all abandoned furniture, trash, boxes Transfer to dumpster or storage area, whichever is applicable Transfer trash and other items left outside of dumpster into dumpster Pick-up and sweep area Keep dumpster doors closed on windy days
- Detail property on a regular basis
- Clean and rake shrub areas; shovel mud when necessary Use blower to keep sidewalks and walking areas clean of loose grass and brush Repair and replace windows, screens, sliding glass doors, etc.
- Perform routine maintenance on property as requested by Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor
- Assist with various physical tasks as directed; e.g., tearing down fences, digging post holes, carrying abandoned sofas, etc.
- Assist with "make-ready" duties when requested by the Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor
- Help clean and maintain storage areas
- Perform interior and exterior painting duties when requested; carry buckets of paint from storage area to work site
- Previous grounds keeping experience preferred
- Basic Maintenance knowledge
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends preferred
- Basic painting skills required
- Customer service oriented
Physical Demands/ Working Conditions/ Hazards:
- Light/heavy lifting, carrying materials, operating light/heavy equipment, moving of equipment. Ability to work in all types of weather. Occasional hazards with materials in the grounds trade, including chemicals. Must be able to frequently walk the apartment community.
- Edgewood Management Corporation is a 40 year old, premiere affordable property management company, responsible for 27,000 units in fourteen states and the District of Columbia. Edgewood's portfolio represents a variety of multifamily products that include high-rise, mid-rise, garden and townhouse style rental units. We are recognized as the 9th largest manager of Affordable Housing by the National Affordable Housing Management Association and the 50th largest manager by the National Multi-Housing Council. Edgewood Management prides itself on offering a competitive salary and extensive, market-competitive benefits.
- Edgewood Management Corporation provides superior management services for a variety of residential properties and has an exceptional track record to resolve problems and reposition troubled assets in all areas: operations, administrative, financial and physical. Edgewood Management Corporation is recognized as the 9th largest manager of Affordable Housing by the National Affordable Housing Management Association and the 50th largest manager by the National Multi-Housing Council.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years; experience as a grounds keeper.
- Knowledge of horticultural practices and procedures.
- Skill in the care and use of tools and equipment required of the trade.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles related to grounds maintenance.
Edgewood prides itself on offering a competitive salary and extensive, market-competitive health and welfare BENEFITS including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Prescription Drug Program
- Paid Vacation & Holiday
- Paid Personal/ Sick Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid AD& D Insurance
- Company Paid Short- Term
- Company Paid Long-term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Supplemental Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Savings Plan with company matching
- Company outings and events
Edgewood Management Corporation is a growing company that is looking for talented professionals who want to be part of a strong team focused on providing superior management services to our residents and owners. If you share our desire to be the best for our residents and communities, then you belong with Edgewood.
Edgewood Management Corporation is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 608583883Posted: 2021-02-26