Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our Prime contract team.
Provide software engineering support for a suite of high visibility, heavily used reporting and authoring tools to include enhancing a suite of complex web applications and services that provide content management and collaboration in support of critical missions.
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction, MD
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
Provide software engineering support for a suite of high visibility, heavily used reporting and authoring tools and their underlying RESTful microservice infrastructure. Tasks include:
- Work with a team of developers designing, developing, and supporting a suite of mission critical web applications for report authoring and dissemination
- Apply new technology to improve collaboration among analysts and ensure robust and rapid delivery of critical intelligence to those who need it
- Design and develop REST APIs in a microservices architecture
- Communicate with customer leadership, end users, help desk staff, and other product teams to gather requirements and resolve issues
- Ensure that application user interfaces meet accessibility requirements and comply with WCAG 2.1 guidelines
- Develop software in an AWS environment, leveraging automated testing and continuous integration and deployment practices to deliver software releases to multiple environments
- Mentor junior software engineers, participate in code reviews, and recommend improvements to the team's engineering practices
- Contribute to project planning, new feature design, and documentation
- Provide operational support to include troubleshooting issues and provide after-hours, on-call support on a rotating schedule with other team members. (Support is on a rotational schedule)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science will be considered equivalent to four (4) years' experience.
BASIC (REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS:
An Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
At least ten (10) years in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
At least six (6) years' experience developing software in an enterprise environment. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years. At least four (4) years developing software for Windows (2000, 2003(or later), XP, Vista), UNIX or Linux (Red hat versions 3-5) OS and at least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.
Extensive experience in planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist. Have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing and experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated at least five (5) documents in support of a software development project and experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
- Experience consuming and writing RESTful backend microservices in Java and NodeJs.
- Experience with SpringBoot 2 and embedded tomcat deployments
- Experience using and managing/optimizing NoSQL queries and databases such as MongoDB to persist data for web applications at a large scale (100+ queries per second)
- Familiar with Apache NiFi to create and manage data extract, transform, load (ETL) operations for critical data flows
- Utilized Docker, Kubernetes, or similar containerized environments to provide re-useable components that are agnostic of underlying cloud infrastructures
- Experience with web servers such as NGINX or proxy services such as HAProxy in large, horizontally scalable environments to serve web content and requests to large numbers of users concurrently
- Familiar with various cloud infrastructures such as AWS or private cloud infrastructures to support scaled architectures
- Experience with Elastic Stack technologies (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) to provide metrics and monitoring of distributed microservices
- Experience with Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Familiar with implementing and testing web services with various automated test frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine, Mocha, Protractor, etc)
- Proven technical debugging/troubleshooting ability on multi-threaded and distributed systems.
- Experience integrating new architectures/systems/services with complicated legacy code bases
BI&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (PDF)
Posting ID: 571987954Posted: 2020-09-09