The Operations Manager for Stover Pizza will be accountable forMULTIPLE LOCATIONS
, starting withBucyrus
in 2018. Bucyrus will likely open early 2018 and Ashland is targeted to be operational before August 2018.
Additional sites may be added into the scope of accountability of this operating partner in 2019 and 2020.
The role of the Operations Manager is to manage the day-to-day operations of each location while developing people and building prosperity. The Operations Manager is the leader in the restaurant, acting as a coach, and providing a restaurant environment that is focused on integrity, honesty and pride. The Operations Manager provides resources, training and development, and utilizes a systematic and principle-centered management approach to maximize restaurant-operating results, to fulfill the Mission, Vision and Promise. Effective performance for the Operations Manager include:
- A well-respected staff in the community, who openly talk about the effective training, support and caring nature of their employer.
- Defining key daily (near real time) metrics with the Franchise Owner to predict restaurant performance each day before it opens, monitor and adjust each restaurant performance intra-day, report performance trends by hour across each function.
- A tight connection with area businesses, schools and community events (fairs, holidays, festivals) as demonstrated by a robust 'large order" / catering business.
- The ability for each of his/her restaurants to thrive even when the Operations Manager is not at a particular site.
- Define developmental goals by function by shift by restaurant to include, training, hiring, process changes, coaching / discipline, employment termination.
- Models performance standards in all Zones; primary responsibility is to direct and coach, secondary responsibility is to assist.
- Successfully executes the "Road to Opening Day" Checklist
- Ensures staffing levels are optimal during all volume periods; acts in a timely and decisive manner to adjust staffing for business volume changes.
- Effectively controls cash and assets, and ensures adherence to cash handling policies.
- Engages the local community; builds strong relationships that result in partnerships within the community, win-win opportunities and sales growth.
- Controls food cost components of waste, prep, weights, portioning, on hand amounts (food orders/buildto/inventory management) and theft during shifts.
- Demonstrates and enforces operating norms such as uniform policies, timeliness, safety procedures, etc.
- Completes assigned shift paperwork; opens and/or closes the restaurant with proper administrative procedures.
- Identifies and removes service barriers; ensures the team delivers all elements of High 5 Service.
- Provides an exceptional work environment / service atmosphere by treating Associates as respected guests.
- Is a problem resolver, remains calm handling guest complaints and follows correct steps.
- Ensures product quality meets Donatos' standards and guest expectations.
- Properly executes, enforces and manages food safety and sanitation requirements.
- Ensures Associates understand and follow the personal hygiene standards required by Donatos and the local Health Department.
- Seeks out and eliminates potential food safety violations and unsafe practices or conditions.
- Ensures the Restaurant Management Team completes training required for promotion to the next level.
- Coaches and counsels the team to achieve restaurant and personal development goals.
- Assists all management in developing and ensuring the Development Roadmap process is utilized by all management team members
- Communicates performance standards and expectations to all team members and provides ongoing feedback on progress toward objectives and results.
- Ensures new Associates receive proper training and understand their roles in fulfilling the Mission, Vision and Promise.
- Ensures each new associate receives the proper on-boarding and training and understands his/her role in fulfilling the Mission, Vision and Promise.
- Acts as a positive influence in the community, creating goodwill in our neighborhoods.
- Assumes accountability for P&L results.
- Delegates responsibility among team members for achieving financial results.
- Identifies areas of opportunity and implements action plans to achieve cost reductions.
- Monitors sales volumes and adjusts projections accurately.
- Conducts Meetings: product rollout, benefits, new restaurant opening, operating systems, etc.
- Promotes and maintains a family environment that promotes high, positive energy, encourages learning and offers career development.
Minimum Requirements: Education:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Internal Candidates must complete required training and development activities within Donatos Training Roadmap, demonstrate ability to impact PFE, SVR and SE standards and effectively utilize Operations Manual.
1 year (internal) experience preferred
2-4 years in similar role for external candidates preferred
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities (KSA's):
- Approachability- Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others: builds rapport well: is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Business Acumen -Knows how the business works; knowledgeable in current policies, practices, trends and information affecting his/her restaurant; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Composure- Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn't show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence on crisis.
- Confronting Direct Reports- Deals with problem with direct reports firmly and in a timely manner; doesn't allow problems to fester; regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions; can make negative recommendations when all other efforts have failed; deals effectively with troublemakers.
- Customer Focus- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Delegation- Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions; broadly shares both responsibility and accountability; tends to trust people to perform; lets direct reports finish their own work.
- Developing Direct Reports- Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments, holds frequent development discussions, is aware of each direct report's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes; pushes direct reports to accept developmental moves; will take direct reports who need work; is a people builder.
- Directing Others- Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on their work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
- Fairness to Direct Reports- Treats direct reports equitably; acts fairly, has candid discussions; doesn't have a hidden agenda; doesn't give preferential treatment. Promotes team environment.
- Hiring and Staffing -Has a nose for talent; hires the best people available from inside or outside; is not afraid of selecting strong people; assembles talented staffs.
- Integrity and Trust- Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/her for personal gain.
- Listening- Practices attentive and active listing; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Managing and Measuring Work- Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions, set clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Motivating Others- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team members; can assess each person's hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Organizing- Can marshal resources to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Picks up on the need to change personal, interpersonal and managerial behavior quickly; watches others for their reactions his/her attempts to influence and perform and adjusts; seeks feedback; is sensitive to changing personal demands and requirements and changes accordingly.
- Presentation Skills- Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one - on - one, small and large groups, with peers and bosses; commands attention and can manage group processes during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn't working.
- Process Management- Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Time Management- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Must be able to safely and successfully perform the essential functions of this position, meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Posting ID: 547431236Posted: 2020-10-05