The Palm Restaurant is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality food, beverages, and personalized service in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Since 1926, when The Palm Restaurant first opened its doors in the heart of Manhattan, the company has been serving up legendary food and service. Today, The Palm operates multiple locations across the United States, all founded on one unchanging philosophy: treat guests like family, serve great food, and always exceed expectations. The Palm serves as a second home for countless patrons, who have contributed to shaping its legacy born out of speakeasy roots – where menus were unnecessary and high energy a given – into an atmosphere seen nowhere else. The Palm prides itself on cultivating talent, diversity, and a strong work ethic.
Operational Excellence: In joining our team, you commit to supporting this mission by demonstrating our Service Standards at all times, and to holding all team members to the same. Providing a safe work environment of trust and respect free of harassment is expected.
Duties include, but are not limited to building maintenance, both interior and exterior, and for proper use, care, and maintenance of the dish machine. A Dishwasher is required to keep a clean supply of china, glassware, silverware and small-wares as well as an adequate supply of utensils for the kitchen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
All Palm Restaurant jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly and efficient service with a smile to guests and team members at all times.
A Dishwasher must fulfill all essential functions of the job description consistently and in a timely manner. These functions may change over the course of employment.
Functions include but are not limited to the following areas:
Maintain all Palm quality standards regardless of high volume, volume fluctuations and physical plant limitations.
• Must love and take care of guests!
• Must say “Yes”, “Thank you” and “Smile” often!
• Upholds all SOPs including treating first time guests with the same Palm experience as that of our most loyal repeat guests
• Sets up and runs dish machine.
• Washes all items 100% clean first time, every time.
• Scrubs all pots and pans.
• Empties dish machine, stacks and puts away dishes.
• Replaces water reservior as required by standards.
• Cleans, sanitizes, and de-limes dish machine.
• Restocks glassware, silverware and small-wares in their appropriate place prior to running out.
• Utilizes all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Check washing machines’ operation and promptly report any technical/performance issues.
• Ensures there are always enough clean dishes, glasses and utensils, especially during peak hours.
• Maintains the dish area - neat, clean, and organized.
• Re-stocks dish area (e.g., soaps, rags, cleaning utensils, etc.).
• Sweeps and mops all floors when necessary.
• Disposes of trash and replaces trash can liners. Sweeps and hoses down dumpster area.
• Ensures that safety and sanitation standards are maintained.
Daily production is one of the most responsibilities of “Essential Functions” of a Dishwasher.
• A Dishwasher must have flexibility in production to accommodate the demands of the PDR business/Special Events.
• The Dishwasher must have flexibility in production to accommodate the busy/non-busy days of a la Carte business.
Detail Oriented: Accuracy and attention to detail are imperative.
• Team player with ability to take direction.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Understanding of local, state, and federal health and sanitation laws. Obtain and maintain current foodservice certification.
• Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment, including stoves, refrigeration, slicer, knives, and dish machine.
Commitment: Must demonstrate commitment to getting the job done. Must demonstrate a sense of urgency, especially during peak business periods. Hours will vary on a weekly basis based on workload and deadlines.
Working during weekends, holidays and peak business periods are required, including working any shift/day designated by either The Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger; handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or able to frequently lift and carry food, beverage, and other items greater than 35 pounds and able to transport up to 70 pounds regularly, work in hot and cold environments. Team member must be able to properly use kitchen equipment and tools to avoid accidents to themselves and other Team Members.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth.
Ability to operate with stress, time constraints, physical activity and continuous walking.
Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions.
Ability to work in a high energy and demanding environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
People & Team Skills:
Must have sufficient self-confidence, poise, charisma, and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively as part of a team and to take part in professional discussions. Also must be able to sustain performance under conditions of stress—such as tight deadlines and detailed questioning. Must demonstrate ability to be a team player and quick learner in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with varying levels of patrons and team members present.
Varying walking surfaces and working environments and equipment.
Varying levels of light sound, temperature and smoke.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a Team Member in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Based on business needs or Guest service objectives, you may also be asked to perform other duties or tasks.
Professional Development and Advancement A Dishwasher will have the opportunity for advancement to a Cook 1. In order to gain the experience and training necessary to be considered for advancement in the company, tasks of a Cook 1 may be assigned for development purposes.
Must read, write and speak English fluently.
Professional oral and written communication skills.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure