$13/hour, part-time position, afternoon shift available!
The Dietary Aide is responsible for providing superior customer service to Residents and employees. The Dietary Aide will help to assure that the dietary department is maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner by aiding in all dietary functions as directed and in accordance with established dietary policies and procedures. The Dietary Aide will assist in the preparation of food to assure the quality of nutritional services are provided.
- Assist in the preparation of meals and beverages.
- Participate in the food tray line and prepare trays according to diet cards in an efficient manner to meet scheduled meal and snack times.
- Assist with loading food carts and serving meals to Residents and staff.
- Bag and store food items as directed.
- Clean and wrap silverware, inspecting each piece to make sure it is clean before wrapping.
- Bus and clean tables after mealtime throughout the facility.
- Scrape, wash, and rack unclean dishes and utensils.
- Assist in the operation of the dishwashing machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes and inspect for cleanliness.
- Place clean dishes, utensils and cutlery in their proper storage place.
- Participate in table setup which includes but not limited to tablecloth, silverware, dishware and filling cups with water.
- Discard waste/trash into proper containers in accordance with established sanitation procedures and guidelines.
- Assure that work area is clean and free of hazardous conditions such as spills, excess carts, and etc.
- Assure that equipment, tools and supplies are properly stored at all times.
- Report all equipment malfunctions and breakdowns to the supervisor and keep the supervisor informed of supply needs.
- Report all hazardous conditions and equipment along with any accidents/incidents to the Dietary Supervisor.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with Residents, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
- Attend and participate in meetings and in-services as directed or scheduled.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- ServSafe Certification preferred
- One year of experience as a Dietary Aide preferred
- Able to read, write, and follow written and oral instructions including some calculations.
- Basic knowledge of attractive food service, sanitation, and safety.
At SKLD, we hire people, not positions. The people at SKLD are our greatest asset. Their energy, passion, and focus are central to achieving our goals. We appreciate them and their drive to improve the lives of the people around them. And we reward them by providing recognition, respect, opportunities for growth, and bankable benefits. Our pay and perks are among the best in the area.
Some of the benefits we offer to our full-time employees include (but are not limited to):
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Cancer, hospital, and accident coverage
- 401(k) with a company match up to the first 2% contributed
- Generous paid time off accrual
If you’re looking to join an energetic, creative, and passionate team, then this is the right company for you!
Illuminate HC provides equal employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, height, weight, Veteran status, marital status genetic information or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.