Highline Aftermarket is looking for a Blow Mold Operator to work our 2nd shift in Leominster!
The Extrusion Blow Mold Operator is responsible for safely and efficiently performing mold setups and process development for the production equipment ensuring that the desired level of quality is being achieved for on-time delivery.Description of Responsibilities
The Blow Mold Operator is there to support the Company and must possess the knowledge and demonstrate skills required to perform the essential functions of the position, though other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTSSkills, Abilities & Knowledge
- Performs mold, insert and color changes on the line
- Perform basic processing of blow molding machines to improve machine efficiency and reduce scrap
- Makes frequent on-time quality checks on products being produced from established quality standards
- Assist other Operators and maintenance personnel on mechanical repairs
- Assists with preventive maintenance as required
- Assists with troubleshooting and resolution of process problems
- Documents daily production reports and completes all necessary paperwork that pertains to this position
- Ensures that all equipment is in working order and reports any issues of maintenance to the Shift Supervisor
- Answers operating alarms and restarts machines
- Completes all necessary paperwork that pertains to the position
- Ensures that all equipment and supplies are in working order and reports any issues of maintenance to the Blow Mold Manager and/or Production Supervisor
- Assists in training employees
- Attends training and meetings when required
- Active participation on Health and Safety program
- Must adhere to the Companys Good Manufacturing Practices
- Ensure plant is maintained at a high standard of housekeeping
- Performs other duties for the benefit of the Company as required
- Promotes and adheres to all Company Rules and Safety Laws where applicable.
- Knowledge & familiarity with a high-speed manufacturing environment an asset
- Operation Monitoring watching gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
- Troubleshooting determine causes of operating errors and making decisions about next action step
- Mechanical strong knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, uses, and maintenance
- Reasoning ability to perform basic mathematic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) without a calculator or other tool
- High School Diploma or equivalent, additional education &/or technical certification preferred.
- Possess a high degree of focus and attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems and look for improvements
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to changing priorities
- Possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Accepts responsibility and is dependable
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment
- Flexibility to work a rotating schedule
- Is a respectful team player willing to assist in all areas when needed
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to dust/airborne particles; heights; loud noise & vibrations; mechanical, electrical, and chemical hazards. The noise level for this work environment is usually moderate.Physical Requirements:
Must be able to perform repetitive lifting and bending
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts available. Candidates must be able to work weekends as needed.
$16.00-$18.93 + $2/hour through peak season
Excellent Benefits including: BCBS (Medical, Dental, & Vision), Paid Time Off, 401K (6% matching), & $200 monthly bonus for perfect attendance during peak season!
Posting ID: 576996855Posted: 2020-10-08