Job Title: Team Leader Reports To: Store Leader
General Description: The Team Leader is responsible for working closely with the Store Leader to build, supervise and work with Team Members to achieve goals for customer satisfaction, sales and profitability. The Team Leader will fill the role of a Customer Service Specialist as needed.
Expectation: To attract and retain the highest level of talent through establishing clear expectations that promote growth and taking necessary actions for all Team Members who consistently fall below chain standards.
- Must have passion for developing Team Members to maximize their potential.
- Partner with the Store Leader in being proactive to hiring needs by networking monthly within the community.
- Partner with Certified Trainers to ensure that training programs are being utilized properly to set all new Team Members up for success.
- Set clear expectations with every Team Member utilizing the Job Description to ensure the company standard is being met.
- Hold all Team Members accountable to company expectations.
- Partner with the Store Leader and utilize steps of delegation to ensure Team Members have a clear understanding of expectations and follow up as needed.
- Consistently coach to reward progress made and address any opportunity areas.
- Complete all Verbal and Written warnings as necessary to maintain consistency with expectations.
- Partner with the Store Leader in creating a culture that promotes growth through on-time performance evaluations.
- Partner with the Store Leader to create SMART Development Plans based on Team Members’ performance evaluations to ensure growth.
- Reinforce customer service standards by utilizing the You Make a Difference program in your store.
- Partner with the Store Leader to ensure there is a bench for all current positions in the store for a seamless transition if the need arises for a replacement.
- Partner with the Store Leader to conduct bimonthly meetings with the entire team to address opportunities, recognize valued Team Members and promote sales growth and profitability.
- Partner with the Store Leader to create effective schedules to maximize the team's capabilities and store operations within your labor budget.
Expectation: Create a culture that is highly engaging for both Team Members and customers, where “the customer is the boss” mentality is at the forefront of everything we do. We are proud to be the faces of our communities and we need to prove that through personalized experiences for both our internal and external customers.
- Uphold the values of the mission statement.
- Consistently provide GREAT Customer Service.
- Make decisions and set priorities based on customer experience.
- Promote a positive and productive environment with open communication where everyone works as a team.
- Maintain a family-friendly atmosphere at all times.
- Handle customer complaints immediately by being helpful and courteous. Never argue with a customer. Notify a supervisor with any unresolved complaints.
- Meet the chain standard by participating in community activities quarterly.
- Sample merchandise with customers weekly to promote products and drive sales.
Expectation: To put a consistent emphasis on the overall appearance of the location. The store should be visually inviting, well lit, and clean at all times. All fixtures should follow current planograms to ensure consistency throughout the chain.
- Create a great first impression by maintaining the exterior appearance.
- Follow current planograms to ensure we are meeting the customer's needs and vendor requirements.
- Maintain organization in non-planogrammed areas.
- Create a clean and safe shopping environment that is visually appealing.
- Promote products using properly placed and neatly hung current signage.
- Ensure that food service and bakery products meet established guidelines for preparation and appearance.
- Maintain the security of the store in accordance with established guidelines.
- React to maintenance issues in a timely manner. Report issues that cannot be handled at store level to the Store Leader.
Expectation: To prioritize tasks in a manner that drives business results. Ensure all operational needs are completed on time and within guidelines and/or policy.
- Complete store walk-through daily, prioritize tasks and delegate accordingly.
- Utilize daily planner and Shift Checklists to ensure all tasks are completed on time.
- Efficiently operate all POS terminals to meet established guidelines.
- Maintain appropriate cash levels in the register drawer. Performs safe drops as needed.
- Accurately handle and account for all cash on hand, including the store change bank. Properly complete the Cashier Report at the end of each shift.
- Properly complete cigarette and lottery counts at the beginning and end of every shift.
- Use build up books to ensure the correct amount of inventory basing decisions on sales data.
- Follow company guidelines for receiving merchandise deliveries and entering invoices.
- Handle delivered merchandise in a timely manner. Stock shelves using the FIFO method.
- Properly handle unsaleable merchandise per established guidelines.
- Partner with the Store Leader to conduct all necessary audits as needed.
- Partner with the Store Leader to utilize previous year’s sales data to set weekly sales goals.
- Review financial statements each period. Utilize weekly financial reports to make adjustments in the moment to boost sales.
- Perform all daily, weekly, and monthly fuel tasks to meet compliance.
- Follow all company guidelines in regard to the sales of age-restricted products.
- Partner with the Store Leader to complete required merchandise reconciliations daily.
- Ensure consistency of food service products by following all job aids.
- Follow established food safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Answer the telephone in a professional manner.
- Report any problems, questions, or concerns to the Store Leader and give input to improve store operations and customer service.
- Other tasks as assigned
Partners with the Store Leader and directly supervises Team Members in a Pit Stop Convenience Store. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include assisting the Store Leader in recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training Team Members; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; motivating, rewarding, and
disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Demonstrates the ability to read, write and understand materials printed in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Demonstrates the ability to interact and communicate effectively with Customers and Team Members in the English language.
Demonstrates the ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and volume. Demonstrates the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Demonstrates the ability to count back change.
Demonstrates the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Demonstrates the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by all Team Members to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, Team Members are regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. Team Members are frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Team Members must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Team Members must be over 18 years old.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those Team Members encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, Team Members are occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.