What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. As a Merchant, you'll serve as an advocate for our customers and see the products you buy come to life in stores and online. Part visionary and part strategist, you'll be the expert for your category and leverage the scale and access of the Walmart system to truly impact the business and the lives of millions of customers worldwide. Along the way, you'll be guided by our deep-rooted culture with the support and tools you need to do your best work.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You are comfortable managing a multibillion-dollar business with profit and loss responsibility
- You enjoy learning about the latest trends, products, and your market
- You are data savvy: you can analyze performance, understand trends, and translate results into strategies
- You are tenacious, dedicated and thrive working with ownership, autonomy, and a healthy dose of competition
You'll make an impact by:
- Setting the category strategy: you'll establish strategy, manage budgets to drive profitable growth, and use vision and creativity to impact the customer experience
- Building relationships: you'll use your influencing and leadership skills to build partnerships with suppliers, vendors, business partners and other Merchants
- Making decisions: you'll make decisions about nearly every aspect of your products including replenishment, supply chain, manufacturers, store operations, planning, assortment, layouts, budgets, modular, and pricing
- Designing, developing, and launching products: you'll work with our Product Development and Sourcing team to create new products for Private Brands
- Knowing your category: You'll know your customers and supplier better than anyone and are always thinking about what is next for your business
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Merchandising , or related field and 3 years' experience in merchandising, buying, financial planning, operations, or related area OR 5 years' experience in merchandising, buying, financial planning, operations, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Microsoft Office, Negotiating with third-party suppliers, Supervisory
Masters: Business, Masters: Merchandising
Posting ID: 575326125Posted: 2020-09-28