This is an H-2A job order for agriculture workers
* Harvest apples and pears, cherries and wine grapes and beans. Prune, thin and train trees
* Workers will care for young non-producing fruit trees including weeding, hoeing, trunk painting, hand fertilizing and growth selection by hand and clipping.
*Hand thinning of apples and pears, cherries and wine grapes.
*Pruning of apples and pears, cherries and wine grapes
*Train and limb positioning of apples and pears, cherries and wine grapes.
*Harvesting (by hand) of apples and pears, cherries and wine grapes
*Providing general orchard labor
*Drive tractors and farm equipment
*Spray and mix chemicals and fertilizers (will be trained by their supervisor)
*Three months of previous tree fruit work experience.
*Willing to commit to the entire contract period
*Able to lift up to 60 lbs.
*Payment will be $15.83 per hour
*The payroll period will be weekly
* The employer will furnish, without charge, all tools, supplies and personal protective equipment required in the performance of the specified work.
* Employer provided housing/kitchen facilities are available for employees who are unable to reasonably return to their place of residence the same day.
* Transportation costs to the job site for domestic workers from outside the local commuting distance of the job site will be reimbursed by the employer after 50% of the contract period. Transportation costs from the job site to the workers home will be provided to those domestic workers that complete the entire contract period.
* Employer guarantees to offer employment for the hourly equivalent of 3/4 or 75% of the workdays of the work contract beginning with the first day of work.
* Full employment description of employer benefits is available from the employer.
*Contract period is between June 19, 2020 to October 20, 2020
*35 hours per week
*Work hours will be 7 hours a day Monday through Friday.
* Employer will accept referrals until August 20, 2020
How to Apply/Request a Referral
This employer has asked WorkSource to refer only fully qualified applicants for this job. If you would like to request a referral, please contact any WorkSource office for detailed instructions on how to apply.
WorkSource is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to persons with disabilities.
TTY (Washington Relay Service 1-800-833-6384)
Staff Special Instructions
Please Click here to access the side by side checklist, Workers' rights trifold and a copy of the complete job order for inspection.
Posting ID: 556950225Posted: 2020-07-10