Emergent BioSolutions (NYSE: EBS), headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland, is a global life sciences company that provides a diverse portfolio of specialty products and services that address public health threats. The company develops, manufactures, and commercializes medical countermeasures (MCM) against chemical and biological, (CBRN) threats, as well as explosive-related threats and existing and emerging infectious diseases (EID). In 2018, the company diversified the scope of its public health threat mandate significantly by acquiring Adapt Pharma, the maker of NARCAN® Nasal Spray for opioid overdose reversal, and PaxVax, the maker of Vivotif® and Vaxchora®, which are marketed travelers vaccines for typhoid and cholera, as well as a number of R&D programs at various stages of development.
Emergent BioSolutions continues to drive innovation and achieve significant growth YOY-growing from a company with only one product and less than $300M in revenue in 2012 to a broader base with 10 products that are now marketed or procured globally. The company is on target to exceed $1B revenues for 2019, one year ahead of plan, while advancing the founding mission to protect and enhance life. The company operates through four business units:
* CONTRACT DEVELOPMENT & MANUFACTURING
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
Based in Gaithersburg, MD and reporting to EVP & CFO, the Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis will lead and manage the financial activities for financial planning, analysis and management reporting. This is a highly visible leadership role and key member of the finance organization and one that will interface broadly with the Emergent leadership team. The position will lead the analysis that aids in the decision-making process toward driving growth and managing profitability. This role will also monitor the P&L as well as core metrics and other financial and non-financial KPIs.
S/he will be responsible for the short and long-term planning, budgeting, and operational finance activities. In addition, s/he will provide leadership to the development and execution of the financial plan ensuring business metrics and goals are attained and will drive a culture of accountability across the entire organization.
* Develop strong partnerships and advisory relationships with key business leaders.
* Develop and produce comprehensive monthly management reporting that creates a clear view of periodic performance in support of financial goals.
* Plan and execute all aspects of financial analysis projects and statistical studies for the organization.
* Drive analysis and evaluation of alternate financial plans as they relate to organizational objectives.
* Provide hands-on leadership related to the corporate budgeting and forecasting processes.
* Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of the budget management process. Streamline collection, preparation and distribution of data.
* Identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
* Develop metrics to measure financial performance and guide capital allocation decisions
* Evaluate existing financial systems and recommend ways to improve data quality and timeliness.
* Contribute towards the professional development of staff members. Develop a team that provides quality partnership throughout the organization.
* Accomplished financial executive and seasoned leader who possesses a strong understanding of financial planning and analysis with 15 or more years of accounting, finance and professional managerial experience.
* S/he will have highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including outstanding presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively at all levels of the organization as well as the board of directors and external investors.
* S/he will demonstrate an ability to establish positive relationships and work effectively with all internal and external constituencies with excellent people management and development skills as well as bring a strong executive presence, sound business judgment and determination with the ability to set and meet strategic objectives.
* The successful candidate will also exhibit the ability to handle detailed, complex concepts and problems requiring timely decisions using sound judgment.
* This person will have the ability to take perceived complex issues and boil them down into concise, easy to understand analysis to support business decisions.
Additional requirements include:
* Extremely organized manager with strong customer service orientation.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and superior presentation skills. Ability to concisely communicate issues within a global matrix organization.
* Public company experience required.
* Demonstrated ability to liaise with business leaders, colleagues and customers at all levels in a cross- functional environment.
* Ability to create and nurture a culture of accountability across functional lines.
* Desire to strive for excellence and continuous improvement and the ability to develop innovative and creative solutions.
* Ability to analyze complex facts and make sound business decisions.
* Strong organizational and prioritization skills; proactive with a high sense of urgency.
* Knowledge of accounting practices and sophisticated information systems is a plus. Solid computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
* Excellent quantitative, financial and analytical skills as well as the ability to see the complete picture. A team player with the confidence, presence and consultative skills to influence the business.
* Integrity, credibility and character with demonstrated moral and ethical behavior.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business fields preferred.
* MBA preferred.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.