Job Description BAE Systems has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance (QA) manager for the Strategic Systems Program (SSP) contract in support of the U.S. Navy. The SSP Program is comprised of a ~400 person workforce who deliver Systems Integration and Logistic Support for the Navy's TRIDENT Strategic Weapon System, Logistics Engineering & Integration, and Facilities Acquisition and Lifecycle Support in support of Strategic Systems Programs' (SSP's) Nuclear Weapons Security (NWS), Strategic Weapon System (SWS) and New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START). The Manager of QA is a working-manager who will direct and lead the work of the Quality Assurance Representatives (QARs) and Project Quality Assurance Representatives (PQARs) across the program portfolio. The selected individual will implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of our program processes and deliverables. The Manager of QA will be responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction by monitoring and coordinating key Program Area quality activities, including ISO implementation/maintenance, preventative and corrective actions, key performance indicators (KPIs), and leading continuous improvement activities. This person must exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers. Key responsibilities include:
Ensure compliance to contract requirements, including the Statement of Work (SOW), Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) and Technical Performance Management System (TPM), T9001B
Manage the Corrective Action program and use corrective actions to drive improvement and change.
Manage and control the Quality Management System documented information.
Lead & direct the Program Area Quality Assurance Representatives (QAR) on the Quality Assurance Working Group (QAWG). As member of the QAWG, oversee in the maintenance of the ISO quality management system
Ensures quality improvement projects are completed on time and within budget.
Promotes a culture of quality awareness.
Serves as the Change Agent for affecting a cultural shift in the way we implement quality.
Analyze contractual quality requirements and their relationships to company practices and procedures. Additional responsibilities:
Facilitate and lead continuous improvement initiatives including identifying potential for product and process improvement; and data trending
Oversee the development and review of work instructions associated with products, processes, and testing requirements.
Analyze potential future needs and develop time-phased plans to acquire personnel, technology and equipment to support anticipated requirements.
Develop, maintain, and monitors performance metrics that support the program's goals/objectives.
Establish, track, analyze, and report on key quality metrics.
Serve as Quality representative at Project Gate Reviews.
Analyze, evaluate, develop and implement processes and systems within budget and on schedule.
Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
Manage reviews of customer quality requirements for proposals, quotes, contracts, and contract modifications.
Provide training to personnel as needed.
Define company actions to be taken and ensure implementation through the appropriate company functional organizations.
Manage the Internal Audit program and serve as a liaison with third party auditors.
Manage the Customer Satisfaction Survey process and promote improvements. Lead Quality Review and Reporting, including nonconformance management to senior management.
Reviews the status and results of the Quality Management System periodically with management.
Conduct annual Quality Management System Review, communicating Quality Policy, Goals and Objectives
Collaborate and develop schedules for performing audits of the software and systems delivery teams.
Partners with other departments to develop processes and procedures.
Addresses customer quality issues and complaints.
Leads and facilitates cross-functional teams to solve quality problems.
Addresses day-to-day quality issues. Required Education, Experience, & Skills * Bachelor's degree or higher and 10+ yrs directly related experience (8+ yrs with Master's degree). At least 3yrs progressive responsibility in providing technical leadership.
* Understanding and experience with AS9100D standard implementation and QMS
* Auditing to ISO 9110 and AS9100D standards
* Root cause and corrective action plans
* Lean/Six Sigma improvement processes
* Great cross- functional communication and interaction
* Leadership & coaching junior quality associates
* Project management
* Good communication and documentation skills
* Metric implementation, management, and reporting
* Must be able to obtain Secret clearance upon hire Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills * Experience in Lean Six Sigma (Greenbelt certified)
* Experience working with data and statistical analysis software
* Ability to problem solve and facilitate root cause analysis and corrective action.
* Multi-task and handle multiple problems without routine management supervision
* Experience in services environment with quality systems such as ISO 9001, CMMI and ITIL. About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.