McCarthy is excited to hire full time Aerial Linemen
for the construction of a new solar facility located in Arlington, Arizona, which is approximately 12 miles southwest of Buckeye.
McCarthy is looking for team members that have a proven commitment to safety, are accustomed to working outdoors, and can be committed to a full-time schedule.Pay/Other
- Safety-First Mindset
- Competitive pay
- 7 paid holidays
- Medical, paid time off, and retirement savings available
Under general supervision, performs skilled work in construction, maintenance and operation of energized and d-energized overhead and underground transmission, sub-transmission, substation, distribution, services, streetlights, communications, and associated equipment. Employee is committed to achieve the highest goals of excellence in serving our customers and working with fellow employees. Any one position may not include all duties nor do the example of duties include all tasks, which may be found in the position of this class.Job Responsibilities
- Digs holes, frames, and sets poles, installs crossarms, pins, insulators, and related equipment by using tools as required.
- Erects and replaces all poles and towers by using rope blocks, boom trucks, winch lines and associated tools and equipment.
- Climbs poles and towers. Installs guys, conductors, switches, streetlights, capacitors, transformers, and other line equipment.
- Performs emergency and preventative maintenance on overhead and underground switches, lines, equipment, fixtures, meters, capacitors, poles, transformer cubicles, crossarms, insulators and related items.
- Installs, splices, terminates, and maintains underground conductors, cubicles, capacitors, and related facilities.
- Replaces, cleans, and adjusts all streetlight equipment including mast arms, fixtures, lamps, photo electric controls, relays, ballasts, and poles.
- Uses rubber gloves, blankets, line hoses, hot sticks, and related protective equipment as required when working within the contact area of energized conductors.
- Loads and unloads poles, crossarms, wire, transformers, and related materials either manually or by aid of hoist and/or equipment.
- Drives and operates trucks, hoists, manlift devices, pulling devices and other related line equipment as required.
- Trains and/or instructs apprentices, groundmen, operators or drivers in procedures and safe work methods.
- Other duties as assigned
- Employee must work safely and efficiently in the performance of their job duties. Must maintain effective working relationships with other employees, customers, and the public. Must have the ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and can accurately and legibly complete applicable paperwork. May be required to work a reasonable amount of overtime.
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic power line and substation construction principles.
- Experience 3 to 4 years' experience as a Lineman Apprentice or equivalent experience
- Ability to lift/pull an excessive 50+ pounds
- Knowledge of established aerial cable installation procedures and techniques
- Ability to work in a bucket truck and work aloft and climb poles up to 40 feet
- Ability to follow direction
- Ability to operate mechanical and manual equipment.
- Knowledge of safety systems associated with drilling and trenching.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Valid driver's license required, Class A CDL preferred.
- Lineman Pole Climbing Test
Posting ID: 564120160Posted: 2020-07-16