Expo, short for expediter, is the heart of the restaurant. It is from this station that every order is prepared and sent to the Guest. The expo Team Members are peer leaders so in addition to the required skills, they must also possess skills and abilities necessary to effectively lead others.
The Team Members that are designated as expo must be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the menu.
- Read the KDS monitor and prepare orders as indicated.
- React to each item ordered. The key word there is react …There is no time to think.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of order hierarchy.
- Communicate accurately to the cook how much food should be cooking at all times.
- Maintain proper appearance of every order.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Complete all assigned prep work.
- Making sure that the sandwich/salad/wrap station is properly stocked for each shift as well as the dipping sauce station.
- Effectively lead a team of peers.
Posting ID: 34128812Posted: 2020-02-19