Merakey is seeking a Special Education Teacher
to join our Education Services team within in Children's and Family Division in our school in East Freedom/Altoona PA for the 2020-2021 school year ASK ME ABOUT THE SIGNING BONUS
This position requires a current PA Special Education teaching certification or a Private Academic cert. This is a full time benefited position with a traditional 10-month school year schedule and year-round salary. Additional hours and compensation available with ESY (Extended School Year) over the summer.
Benefits (including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, etc) are effective upon date of hire! WHY TEACH AT MERAKEY?
- Benefits are effective upon date of hire and including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, and much more
- Teacher to student ratio never to exceed 1:8
- Individualized approach for every student
- 10-month traditional school year with paid summers off
- Additional hours and compensation available with ESY (Extended School Year)
- To fill out an on-line application: www.merakey.org/careers and send your resume to our recruiter Jennifer.email@example.com
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for a position that will allow you to make a difference in a person's life apply today.
This position will serve as a Special Education teacher in a private academic classroom. This position's primary role is to develop & implement strategies to meet the needs of each individual student. The teacher will instruct students in academic subjects according to school curriculum and daily classes using a variety of techniques (e.g., multi-sensory, repetition, etc.) to meet the students varying needs and interests as guided by the Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
ABOUT MERAKEY'S EDUCATION & AUTISM DIVISION
- Develop & implement strategies to meet the needs of each individual student
- Instruct students in academic subjects according to school curriculum and daily classes using a variety of techniques (e.g., multi-sensory, repetition, etc.) to meet the students varying needs and interests as guided by the Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Instruct students in daily living skills required for independent maintenance and self-sufficiency, such as hygiene, safety, etc.
- Modify the curriculum as needed based upon techniques needed for individual learning styles
- Implement and include in lesson plans and opportunities for students to experience a variety of learning techniques and methods that are used with ASD
- Work with other team members to create an inclusion plan between Merakey autism school and public school as needed
- Plan and schedule lessons according to the daily schedule and approved curriculum. Assure that objective for all lessons, units, and projects are demonstrated on lesson plans as well as providing a balanced program of instruction
- Confer with parents, administrators, school psychologists, and other professionals to develop Individual Education Plans (IEP) for each student in the assigned classroom as well as behavior plans
- Confer with necessary professionals and supports to develop plans to assist in resolving student behaviors in the classroom
- Establish organized classroom behavioral model and reinforcement systems (individualize when necessary)
- Observe and collect data daily for IEP goals, student behavior, social, developmental, and academic performance
- Complete report cards and data collection sheets for each child's progress by the 15th of every month
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their child's progress, and to determine priorities for their child's education
- Maintain and update program books as required
- Monitor teacher aides to ensure they adhere to classroom and school policy & program requirements
The Merakey Education and Autism Division focuses on a continuum of care throughout the lifespan. The core, fundamental principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) are incorporated into a specialized approach across all service offerings. This division is supported by a senior management team of highly qualified professionals that provide training, supervision, guidance, and support to each of our specialized programs. This team is comprised of decades of expertise in education, autism, and behavioral health experiences.
Merakey opened their very first Licensed Private Academic School for students on the Autism Spectrum in the fall of 2005. Since inception, the Education and Autism Services have grown across the state of Pennsylvania providing support for all individuals across the lifespan.
For more information on each individual service, please visit: www.educationandautism.merakey.org Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Teachers working at a Merakey School are required to have a Bachelor's degree in Special education, or a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 18 credits in special education and 6 credits in education theory.
- Must possess a Pennsylvania Special Education certificate; or a Pennsylvania Private Academic certification with ability to attain public certification within one year from date of hire will be considered.
- Must obtain and maintain agency physical management certification credentials.
- Experience working with students with autism or emotional support is required; this can include student teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to development classroom strategies that promote an effective teaching and learning environment
- Proven ability to conduct effective and collaborative interdisciplinary team meetings including, but not limited to, IEP meetings, CIR meetings, and Education leadership calls.
Posting ID: 580054274Posted: 2020-10-15