Jacobs Telecommunication has been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development - complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us as the #1 Design Firm 2018 in Engineering News-Record. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long-term support services remains constant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
- Must maintain and enforce the Jacobs Beyond Zero safety program, ensure daily job site safety plans are reviewed and followed, and stop work when unsafe work practices or conditions exist
- Assist Crew Foreman to ensure quality service to clients
- Recognize and perform duties within OSHA safety guidelines as well as all applicable safety laws and policies
- Work effectively both individually and with other crew members
- Handle transportation of equipment
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Travel up to 100%
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a tower climber required
- Current ComTrain or equivalent certification in Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue required
- Ability to climb, at least, a 250' telecommunications tower required
- Successful completion and passing score of all mandatory company certifications are required
- Availability to work overtime to include Saturdays, Sundays and evening hours required
- Technical knowledge of wireless telecommunications products required
- Anritsu, PIM and CPR/First Aid certifications preferred
- NWSA certification preferred
- Excel, Word and Outlook Microsoft experience preferred
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting up to 65 pounds. Hand manipulation is required for grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, as well as below the shoulder for same. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Note to Virginia Job Seekers: Jacobs ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, you may contact us at (817) 735-2869. Persons with hearing-and speech-impairments can contact Jacobs by using the Virginia Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). Call 711 for TTY/TDD.