The marketing communications manager is responsible for developing and reviewing external marketing materials for B2B and B2C audiences, and leading content marketing activities. This person will be responsible for developing holistic marketing assets across multiple channels that educate, tell our story, humanize our brands, communicate our value, differentiate our services and solutions, and highlight our experience and expertise.
• Messaging: Facilitate discovery and decision-making to identify and articulate core messages about offerings and the overall brand. Advocate for customer relevance and clarity when helping internal leaders uncover value and prioritize messages. Write, review and project manage various products.
• Research and analysis: Research and analyze how competitors position messages, specializations and offerings, communicating that information to stakeholders to support decision-making.
• Content marketing: Create content that capitalizes on internal thought leadership to builds reputation and brand preference. Create content avenues for sales teams to connect with potential clients. Connect internal expertise and client trends with audience needs to create relevant and fresh content. Manage vendors in creating articles, blogs and other products.
• Manage vendor relationships, primarily the content marketing vendor
• Develop and implement annual marketing communications and content strategy in partnership with Content Marketing Specialist
• Lead discovery calls with company leaders and subject matter experts to understand the value and positioning of new services and solutions
• Work with marketing communications team to build content assets across integrated marketing campaigns and initiatives, including web messaging, sales collateral, email, presentations, case studies, video and thought leadership
• Serve as a consultant to guide high-level decisions about product/offering names and other strategic priorities, based on competitive and other research and analysis
• Partner with cross-channel marketing teams to support advertising campaigns, events, email, social, digital, PR, proposals and client engagement) to ensure materials are compelling and showcase consistent brand voice and messaging
• Drive innovation in sales collateral and content marketing, e.g., recommending and piloting new digital communications products
• Serve as a liaison with the brand team to ensure that all assets are within brand guidelines, voice and standards
• Stay abreast of marketing communication and industry trends to produce, measure and evolve programs and assets
• Support other teams and departments in developing content assets
• Consider impact and consult with international marketing partners regarding new and updated materials
• Create streamlined workflows and standard operating procedures to ensure efficient and timely execution of projects
Public relations, Media relations, Marketing communications, Marketing campaign, marketing management, communications management, b2b marketing
B2B Sales Writing
Marketing/ Communications Management
• Bachelors' degree in relevant field such as communications, journalism, writing, English or marketing
• Minimum of 6-10 years related experience
• Website writing
• Sales writing for B2B
• AP style
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Managing vendors - or at least providing editorial feedback, e.g., managing a writing intern or freelancer
• Substantial experience in writing or leading content marketing efforts, or in journalism
• Basic understanding of content metrics and how they drive decision-making - not just reporting (look for people who seek to understand the goals of the content and then apply appropriate metrics to measure success)
• Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels and build relationships with leadership
• Basic understanding of website metrics and how they drive decision-making
• Knowledge of web analytics, social media, email marketing and monitoring platforms
• Attention to detail and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work collaboratively
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.