The Chefs' Warehouse is a specialty food distributor that began sourcing products focused on serving the specific needs of chefs who own and/or operate some of the nation's leading menu-driven independent restaurants, fine dining establishments, country clubs, hotels, caterers, culinary schools and specialty food stores. We believe that we have a distinct competitive advantage in serving these customers as a result of our extensive selection of distinctive and hard-to-find specialty and center-of-the-plate food products, our product knowledge and our customer service. We serve the finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and gourmet stores around the country. THE CHEFS' WAREHOUSE IS HIRING IMMEDIATELY!!!
+ PAID WEEKLY
+SIGN ON BONUS
+MED, DEN VISION BENEFITS
+GREAT WORKING ENVIRONMENT
+PAID VACATION & HOLIDAYS
As a Night Warehouse Worker, you will be responsible for providing warehouse support including picking, packing, assembly, sorting, shipping, and receiving of orders to meet the facility's productivity and quality goals within the establishment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - Night Warehouse Worker:
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Moves materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and breaks down product by SKU, quantity and product type.
- Ability to use electric pallet jack as well as stand-up forklift is a must.
- Effectively communicate with Receivers, Drivers, Driver Check-in, & Forklift Operators
- Adhering to proper safety practices for truck and trailer pull process on a daily basis.
- Sorts and stores goods in designated areas of the warehouse.
- Responsible for the proper handling of all company issued equipment, including PPE, voice equipment etc.
- Responsible for reporting all safety concerns in the work environment on timely basis.
- Must wear company issued uniform.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or moves orders to loading dock to prepare for shipping.
- Label pallets with identifying information when instructed.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers when necessary.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Accurately weighs or counts items for distribution within warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards. (Assists in billing process.)
- Maintain a 99% accuracy rating of inventory records on a daily and weekly basis.
- Responsible for the safe operation of all warehouse equipment daily.
- Responsible for completing daily equipment inspection logs and working safe at all times.
- Must maintain audit-ready sanitation standards in the work environment at all times in all areas of the warehouse.
- Must securely palletize and wrap product to prevent damage during transport.
- Must maintain product integrity with proper handling & report damage to management immediately.
- Must follow all company policies and procedures.
- Follow all federal, state and local HACCP, OSHA & GMP guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or experience: Willing to Train
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience Language Ability:
Bilingual in English/Spanish a +.Ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales data and trends.Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community. Math Ability:
Basic math skills with addition, subtraction and multiplication. Ability to apply concepts such as fra Reasoning Ability:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advance level of expertise with Microsoft Word and Excel.Knowledge of, JDE, & other sales programs.Must be able to operate common office machines. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually modern fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations Qualifications
Ability to lift to 60 lbs
Ability to manage time in a fast-paced industry
Ability to safely use necessary tools and equipment
Ability to work in a temperature-controlled environment
Candidates must be reliable, responsible, and punctual, with a positive attitude and work well independently and with a team
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Monday, September 28, 2020
- Job End Date Wednesday, October 28, 2020
- 200 Eagle Ct, Swedesboro, NJ 08085, USA