Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five bed community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center. Our Award Winning Hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the Country.
This position offers:
Generous relocation / sign on bonus, highly competitive pay, full furnished temporary housing for up to 90 days to assist with relocation, minimal call (one week night per week plus every 5th weekend), free on-call studio units, working side by side world renown orthopedic physicians (Steadman Clinic), guaranteed hours (no mandatory down staffing, EVER), excellent benefits package, and much more.
The Perioperative Charge Nurse provides professional nursing care in accordance with known/accepted standards of practice and AVH policy. The Perioperative Charge Nurse Utilizes the Nursing Process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care. The Perioperative Charge Nurse works in support of the medical staff treatment plan and makes recommendations for changes to medical treatment plan as appropriate. The Perioperative Charge Nurse educates patients and family around the plan of care and disease management. The Perioperative Charge Nurse actively supports the nursing philosophy by striving for excellence in patient care, professional development, interpersonal relations, time management, and continuous quality improvement. The Perioperative Charge Nurse will function in a leadership role in the department. The Perioperative Charge Nurse will assist the unit director with functions of staff scheduling, policy development, education, in-service and coordination of patient care as indicated. The Perioperative Charge Nurse performs as a role model, team leader and engages in improvement opportunity assessment and action as indicated. The Perioperative Charge Nurse works in a collaborative manner with executive and management staff and other leaders and teams to achieve desired goals. The Perioperative Charge Nurse will be an active member of the entire department, with the ability to help in roles outside of surgically specific job duties if needed. The Perioperative Charge Nurse will work collaboratively with others within the department to ensure an efficient, professional and respectful environment. The Perioperative Charge Nurse will work with other departments as well in regards to patient safety and communication.
• Associate Degree in Nursing required, BSN preferred
• 3 years of perioperative nursing experience; including a minimum of 1 year from a Joint Commission accredited facility with a Perioperative Training program for the OR (or completion of periop 101).
• 3 years of experience with Orthopedic cases as an OR RN.
• Current Colorado nursing license or compact upon hire
• Current BLS certification upon hire
• ACLS within six months of hire
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail
• Relatively high degree of analytical abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills required
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
• Normal patient care environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust and temperature
• May be exposed to communicable diseases through normal or careless performance of responsibilities
• May be exposed to mechanical dangers associated with mechanical devices
• May be exposed to stressful situations
*This position pays: $44.50/hr.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous Paid Time Off, Health Insurance within your first 30 days, Retirement, and much more can be viewed here.
Previous helpful work experience may or may not include the following positions (not required): Perioperative Services Nurse, Perioperative Services Charge Nurse, OR Nurse, Operating Room Registered Nurse, Surgical Services Nurse, Surgical Services RN, Surgical Services Coordinator, OR Coordinator, Operating Room Coordinator, Perioperative Coordinator, Orthopedic OR RN, OR RN in Ski Resort Towns, Colorado OR RN, Ski Town OR RN, relocation assistance, relocation bonus, sign-on bonus, new hire bonus.