Job ID: 247722
Callanan Industries, Inc., a CRH Company,was founded in 1883 as an aggregate mining company. Over a century later, Callanan Industries, Inc. continues to be a leading supplier of paving materials and construction services, providing a complete range of high quality aggregates, asphalt paving, and ready mix concrete products to state, federal, municipal, commercial, and private customers with operations throughout New York State and Western Massachusetts. Callanan Industries, Inc. was purchased by CRH Americasin 1985. Job Description Summary
This position is very customer oriented and requires professionalism, responsibility, and dependability. This Scalehouse Operator will be based at our Pattersonville/Amsterdam location, but may fill-in at various locations in the Capital District if the need arises. Several hours of overtime may be required during the prime operating months with the possibility of night work. It requires the employee to perform a wide variety of support functions for an aggregate and asphalt field office including, but not limited to, the following:
- Weigh customer trucks and issue proof of purchase
- Collect payment
- Work with internal and external customers to ensure delivery
- Prepare daily load summaries
- Keep time and material records
- Provide information to customers on safety policies and procedures for plant location
- Answering phone calls
- Seasonal position
- Basic computer skills; Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel preferred
- A valid driver's license with reliabile transportation
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Drug screen and background check required before being employed by Callanan Industries, Inc.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
- Ideal candidate will have some familiarity with aggregate/asphalt operations
What CRH Americas Offers You
- High School Diploma or equivalent
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americashas a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Callanan Industries, Inc is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Date Posted:Dec 29, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Equipment Operator, Manufacturing