Smiling Dog Landscapes is an award-winning landscaping company.
TO APPLY: Please email or fax your resume, cover letter, and 3 references to:
info@ smilingdoglandscapes.com or 480-288-7539. For questions, please call our office at 480-288-8749. Position open until filled. More information about Smiling Dog Landscapes can be found at our website www.smilingdoglandscapes.com
We are seeking to grow our team by hiring for all skill levels
- Follow weekly work plans via Crew Point of Contact, regularly communicate with entire crew to meet project goals.
- Work on job sites as part of a team to implement projects including rain gardens, cisterns, native and edible gardens, irrigation systems, outdoor living areas and other elements of the sustainable landscape plan.
- Perform high quality work as directed by the Crew POC and Project Manager.
- Help perform a thorough and detailed clean-up after every workday.
- Act as Point of Contact for crew, clients, designer, management, and others to communicate and meet project goals
- Create weekly work plans, communicate plans with crew members, and assign tasks.
- Oversee work on job sites including worker progress, equipment, supplies, and safety practices.
- Work alongside crew to bring projects to successful completion in an efficient and profitable manner.
- Perform a thorough cleanup after every work day.
- Demand quality work from yourself and crew.
- Analyze and resolve worker challenges.
- Train crew members in quality construction methods and proper operation of equipment
- Ensure consistent care, cleanliness and organization of work truck equipment and tools.
- Monitor job progress to ensure that project is on schedule and under or at budget
- Provide guidance for crew during ‘down’ times on projects and at the shop to ensure efficient use of their time
- Recommend improvements to production methods and equipment performance to increase efficiency and safety.
All Team Members will: complete paperwork and online time sheets on a daily basis, monitor and adhere to all safety requirements, and assist with maintenance of all SDL tools and vehicles.
All Team Members
- Valid Arizona driver’s license and clean driving record a plus.
- Interest in the environment in general and the Sonoran Desert in particular and a desire to support SDL’s mission as outlined in our Mission Statement.
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail, promptness, and sound organizational skills.
- Ability to work outside in physically demanding environments for hours at a time
Team members must meet SDL’s basic proficiency requirements in the following areas as verified by verbal and / or written testing. (Levels indicated in parentheses):
- Proper equipment use and safety
- Plant knowledge and care
- Basic tree and shrub planting, pruning, staking, and general care etc.
- Basic knowledge of plant pallet used in Gold Canyon, Sonoran Desert native plants
- Basic knowledge of plant pests and treatments
- Comprehensive knowledge of plant diseases and treatments in the Sonoran Desert
- Advanced knowledge about Sonoran Desert native plants and other Desert adapted plants frequently used in creating sustainable landscapes
- Install and program controller
- Advanced knowledge and ability to install all types of irrigation systems used in the Sonoran Desert
- Sweating pipe and other basic plumbing skills
- Installing fountains
- Rain water harvesting
- Basic Rain water harvesting philosophy
- Basic Rain Water Harvesting background, verifiable hands-on experience in constructing passive systems
- Advanced Rain Water Harvesting Knowledge to include the following: Background on water issues in the Desert Southwest, types of RWH systems, and installation techniques for passive RWH systems
- Interpret design plans and blueprints
- Leadership and ability to train new team members in all of the above
- College degree or verifiable equivalent in a related or similar field, or completion of 4 of the following:
- 3 units of the ALCA Arizona Certified Landscape Professional Certification Program
- Master Gardener Citrus Clinic
- First Aid/CPR training/certification Technical Skills
- Sustainable Landscaper Certification [ALCA]
- Arizona Certified Landscaper Professional Certificate [Advanced]
- Spray Tech Certification
- Arborist certification
- Irrigation Tech certification
- Tree workers Certification
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the use of hand tools and power tools, and have knowledge and experience in the field of construction, landscaping, or plumbing.
- Basic or advanced knowledge and experience with a variety of construction materials and methods in areas of plumbing, masonry, grading and excavation, plant materials and irrigation systems.
- Safety and knowledge of OSHA to maintain a clean, safe and professional work environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and actively listen. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move loads up to 80 pounds.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal muscles and lower back.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Smiling Dog Landscapes cultivates a workplace that inspires and nurtures our team members while providing opportunities for all to grow through training and experience. Benefits include formal training, on-the-job training, paid vacations, sick time and uniforms. Pay is commensurate with skill set and experience level.
Posting ID: 567211927Posted: 2020-08-07