Manages one or more Project Superintendents. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this unit. May also directly supervise one or more non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Establishes and enforces job site policies, procedures, and standards of performance within boundaries of company policy. Responsibilities may include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems. The Project Manager leads cross functional project teams that manage projects with varying degrees of complexity, principally, but not limited to, the planning, design and construction of physical capital assets (water/wastewater plants, pumping stations, storage and transmission facilities, and rehabilitation projects, and Bridge).
Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished safely within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Responsible for establishing a budget based on the information provided in the estimate provided by the estimator.
- Develops a schedule to complete the project on time and under budget.
- Manages procurement process, including labor, equipment, materials, and subcontracts
- Establishes work plan and staffing requirements for each phase of project. Arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel through Department Head or General Superintendent
- Confers with project team (including Subcontractors) to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority
- Creates, updates, and manages the project schedule. Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Monitors and ensures quality control. Coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Anticipates and solves problems. Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice to solve problems
- Other Duties Assigned
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree from 4-year college or university in civil, sanitary, environmental engineering or construction management discipline.
- 5 years plus of Project Management experience on projects valued at $5 million or larger
- OR -
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 7 years plus of progressively responsible experience in project management.
Must maintain a valid driver license and good driving record. OSHA Training courses as required by the company safety procedures.
Specific software literacy (Primavera 6, Viewpoint, Vista, Procore) preferred.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Posting ID: 604724648Posted: 2021-03-03