At Community West Bank, we put deposits to work locally, making loans to businesses, families and non-profit organizations. We are the largest publicly traded and only community bank headquartered and serving California's Central and South Coast areas of Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties, with full-service branches in Goleta, Oxnard, Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, Ventura and Westlake Village. We were named one of the Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times, and we love working here and think you may too!
As an integral member of the Finance team for Community West Bank, this position will provide extraordinary customer service to our internal team members and external customers, exemplifying the Bank’s values and our dedication to quality and service. This position will have direct responsibility as a Finance team member to assist in the accomplishment of the Department Business Plan goals and objectives. This position will elevate the team as a member of the Bank’s high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, ethical standards, goal attainment and the ongoing development of CWB’s vision to become the bank of choice, providing an unparalleled customer experience for our customers, employees, and community.
The Sr. Financial Analyst works closely with the Assistant Controller on complex financial models and systems. Provides a variety of financial data. Maintains and updates corporate financial models and plans. Analyzes and projects aspects of the institution’s financial performance and prepares complex financial studies and trend analysis. Areas of focus include preparation of the quarterly Call Report, Asset & Liability Management analyses, Budgeting, Strategic Planning, assist with SEC reporting and preparation of financial packages for the Board of Directors. Other duties include review and reconciliation of balance sheets and income statements, preparation of journal entries and documenting and evaluating department procedures. This position performs all essential duties in compliance with regulatory requirements, as well as Bank policies and procedures
- Apply the financial policies and procedures of the company and bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management
- Prepare, analyze, and submit Call Report financial schedules
- Assist with the preparation of financial budget, forecast, and variance reports
- Research, analyze and prepare financial reports and related supporting schedules
- Development of integrated revenue/ expense analyses and projections
- Preparation of Board & Executive Management financial packages
- Administration and reconciliation of loans for the Allowance for Loan Loss calculation
- Preparation of statistical reporting workbooks that are needed monthly, quarterly or yearly
- Use judgment and professional skills in determining appropriate procedures for preparation of accounting records, research of transactions and reporting
- Assist in quarterly and yearly SEC filings
- Participate in Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and testing of internal controls
- Communicate with other company personnel and contacts outside the company with limited supervision
- Demonstrate initiative in understanding process flows and controls
- Assist with the implementation of new accounting guidance or regulatory reporting requirements
- Meet response and resolution times as defined in service level agreements and/or service requests, and follow established processes to meet service level agreements.
- Complete all required regulatory training as assigned within deadlines established including BSA, Bank Security and any other training as assigned
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by supervisor
CWB is an AA/EEO/Disability/Vets Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance related field
- Minimum 5 years of related experience, education and training preferable in a banking environment.
- Demonstrated analytical skill and experience with financial analysis, cost analysis, internal controls and financial reporting
- Proficiency in financial forecasting and trend analysis, preferably for financial institutions
- Demonstrate understanding off generally accepted accounting principles, banking regulations, and reporting requirements.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to protect and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to manage and develop personnel resources.
- Ability to disseminate information and guidelines clearly to employees and check for understanding.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively as a team member.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret Bank policies and procedures in the work environment.
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with a wide range of employees and vendors.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proficient with: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet
Posting ID: 562842571Posted: 2021-01-27