Connectus Health is currently looking for a Patient Service Representative to join our community health clinic team. Patient Service Representatives provide excellent customer service and assist patients by completing general office and registration tasks before and after patient visits.
Essential Job Functions/Duties
- Greet and/or assist patients/callers in a personalized, professional, and timely manner.
- Keep front desk and waiting area clean and orderly
- Collect demographic and billing information in a courteous and professional manner.
- Faxing, scanning and organizing files
- Electronic Health Record navigation and various other databases.
- Accurately schedule patients
- Accurately enter correct patient demographics and Insurance data
- Acknowledge patients
- Check out patients
- Provide answers to patient questions and concerns regarding billing policies.
- Anticipate patient/visitor needs and proactively works to meet those demands.
- Ensure privacy of patients throughout their clinical visit
- Verify insurance and sliding fee coverage.
- Accurately enters sliding fee and self pay information
- Ensure proper completion of forms and required documentation for accuracy.
- Collect any current co-pays or outstanding balances due from patients at time of registration.
- Balance patient payment batches.
- Entering notes in records; and performing complex scanning of documents to health records by the end of the day.
- Reviews patient registries and action lists and proactively calls patients for follow up visits as directed by nurse or provider
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1 year in a customer service environment.
- Microsoft Office skills with Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
CONNECTUS is a non-profit community healthcare organization founded on the values of Compassion, Wellness, Community and Culturally Sensitive Care.
Posting ID: 550053139Posted: 2020-07-06