Position Purpose and Summary:
The Packer/Machine Helper is the entry level position, and the employees typically starting in the Packing Department as Furniture Packers. The employee works within the workplace team and understands the safety procedures of the specific workplace. She/he understands the required quality outcome of that workplace / work center.
- Furniture Packer
- Hardware Packer
- Machine Helper (Edgebander Helper, Foiler Helper etc.)
- Has a sound knowledge of the functionality of the assigned machine(s),
- Knows how to operate the scissor lifts
- Knows how to use gravity roller conveyors /cross conveyors
- Understands stacking rules.
- Understands packing instruction.
- Understands and follow all safety rules.
- Lockout procedures
- Use of PPE’s
- Hazardous materials and conditions related to workplace.
- Understands the inherent safety risks of the assigned machines
- Understands Emergency stop at assigned machines
- Recognizes and reports unsafe working conditions
- Does not work in unsafe conditions
- Performs daily clean-up of machine and scheduled “deep-cleanups”.
- Report airline leaks and loose or worn electrical cables
- Cleans equipment and related work area daily.
- Ensures no build up of waste, non-conforming work pieces dull tools, etc.
- Maintains clean and dusted workstations, including the inside of drawers
- Understands required quality requirement of material and process outcome of specific workplace. (Visual inspection)
- Reports required program adjustments to lead operator.
- Understands and adopt Prepac’s vision
- Follows the company’s rules and procedures regarding behavior, quality, health, and safety.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement activity and teamwork
- Flexibility to be cross trained and work other tasks that may be required from time to time.
Reports to the Department/Line Supervisor and takes work instruction from lead operator
- Prepac’s Manufacturing facility in Whitsett, NC
- Understanding and communicating in basic English verbal and written.
- Basic numeric knowledge (reading numbers, counting…)
- Ability to use measurement tools (measuring tape and caliper).
Physical requirement and Environment
- Continuous, fast pace lifting, pulling, and pushing material averaging 15 - 20 lbs. Maximum lifting 50 lbs. occasionally.
- The work requires standing and walking during working hours
- Well-lit, clean, well ventilated, in-door work area with minimal dust exposure
- Working in noisy environment up to 80dB(A)
- Flexibility and ability to work in shiftwork will be required
Posting ID: 605403345Posted: 2021-02-27