Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma is seeking individuals to help grow our mission- We help people overcome challenges to employment. Working at Goodwill is more than a job. Joining our team is a chance to do good for yourself and the community. With our community’s donations and contract services we generate the money needed to support our programs which provide training and supportive services to individuals who seek greater independence.
We invite you to take the first step in making a difference by applying to a position with Goodwill.
JOB SUMMARY: To provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers and perform a variety of general store duties including collecting, sorting, processing and selling merchandise.
This is not a supervisory role.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Provide excellent customer service to customers and donors.
- Properly distribute items from the back room to the correct areas of the.
- Clean and straighten items on the floor.
- Clean the store, the dressing rooms, and the bathrooms.
- Abide by the policies and procedures as set forth by Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma.
- Must be able to perform tasks according to work instructions.
- Ensure security of all company assets and donations.
- Perform general sales floor/production area duties and cross train in all work areas.
- Adhere to cash handling procedures as outlined by Agency procedures.
- Greet and assist all donors/customers while directing complaints to management.
- Assist in loading and unloading of Goodwill trucks and trailers.
- Maintain store housekeeping to Agency standards.
- Attend training as required
- Review and be familiar with Goodwill of Central Oklahoma safety policies, programs and procedures and adhere to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes. Attend safety training and meetings and report any unsafe work conditions, accidents or injuries immediately.
- High school diploma or GED, preferred.
- Prior customer service experience, preferred.
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Reliable transportation and communication, required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Live the Values
- Results Driven
- Customer Focus
- Job Skills Knowledge
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on several projects at once.
- Strong sense of internal and external customer service.
- Good time management skills and demonstrate adherence to timelines and schedules.
- Good decision making skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Good interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of people.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- This work is physical and requires the following activities: Standing, walking, twisting, bending, grabbing and reaching for long periods of time; occasional squatting, kneeling, stooping; good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing, smelling and visual acuity.
- The ability to push, pull and lift up to 50 pounds, or more with assistance.
- Employee is required to operate a computer.
- The employee is required to handle textiles and donated goods and must be able to move stock onto or off shelves.
- Works in climate controlled retail or production environment most of time but will be exposed to airborne particles such as dust, mold, dirt and pollen as well as extreme heat and cold.
- Must be available to work during operating hours as needed for business operations. Work schedule may include days, evenings, weekends, holidays and blackout periods which may vary from week to week as well as occasional overtime when approved by management.
- Moderate noise level.
- May work part time or full time at the discretion of management.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
Posting ID: 565809513Posted: 2020-09-24