General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a RPA Pilot Instructor located in Grand Forks, ND. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for coordinating ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and ground and flight safety.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Serves as a permanent, full time, Instructor Pilot and Flight Examiner/Evaluator.
- Performs as subject matter expert for all aspects of the company's family of Unmanned Aircraft Systems to include aircraft hardware and software, ground control, station hardware and software.
- Instructs pilots on the standardization of company aircraft ground and flight operations and procedures, flight test and instructional techniques.
- Responsible for the safe operation of the RPA during all phases of ground and flight operations. Instructs UAV student pilots as well as instructor pilots-in-training in all aspects of RPA ground and flight operations including academic (platform instruction) and in- flight instruction.
- Acts as subject matter expert in RPA operational tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Develops and executes instructor mission planning, briefing, mission execution and debriefing.for ground and flight instruction.
- Supports the development of training syllabus courseware to include research, word processing and presentation development.
- Ensures compliance with all governing regulations including service guidance, company procedures and Federal Aviation Administration Regulations.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations and company policies wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Posting ID: 588849276Posted: 2020-11-23