When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This is a 2nd Shift, Tuesday-Saturday, 12:00pm - 8:30pm position.
How will you make an impact?
This position is responsible for ensuring accuracy of inventory through transaction documentation, process and procedure verification, and system review. Initiate and instruct physical inventories to be performed and lead cycle counts. Analyze and correct cycle count discrepancies.
What will you do?
Nature and Scope:
- Processes Cycle Count Requests in accordance with the ABC cycle counting process.
- Perform root cause investigation and provide suggestions for improvements.
- Establish metrics and provide reports to highlight cycle count performance levels. Investigate reasons behind variance occurrences and communicate findings to management.
- Prepare routine documentation.
- Operate material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, dock lever, etc.).
- Provide shipping and order fulfillment services for finished goods, inventory, materials, supplies, parts and equipment at the assigned facility(s)
- Examine, sort, arrange, count, store, pick, and pack items for storage shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements.
- Communicate regularly with various internal teams and provides direction to teammates as needed.
- Identify training opportunities related to inventory management and conduct associated training to enhance accuracy.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Effectiveness in this role requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent attention to accuracy and detail. This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel requiring solid oral and written communication skills, the ability to assess needs and communicate procedures, and the ability to understand business goals and provide appropriate information within the context of these business goals. Effectiveness in this role requires a functional knowledge of inventory management, Standard Operating Procedures and the ability to see opportunities for improved effectiveness. The incumbent must be able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines. They also must be adaptable, self-starting and learn quickly.How will you get there?
Education: High School Diploma or the equivalent education and experience are required.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Requires at least 3 years of experience in a position focused primarily in inventory control and cycle count procedures.
- Expert skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Access.
- Ability to summarize data analysis in presentable, user-friendly format, such as Excel charts and PowerPoint for use in generating business decisions.
- Previous experience with Enterprise Management Systems required; working knowledge of J.D. Edward's inventory transactions preferred.
- Knowledge of reporting and database software's other than Excel and Access helpful.
- Must have proven ability to set-up new systems and processes.
- Works in a warehouse environment; is required to lift up to 35 lbs. and may be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work safely with materials and equipment.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $25 billion and approximately 75,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Posting ID: 599956597Posted: 2021-01-16