Community West Credit Union is seeking a Member Service Representative for our Kentwood team.
If you enjoy helping people solve problems, and improve their finances; where every day presents new challenges and opportunities to grow and learn, we want to talk to you!
The hours for this full-time position are:
- Monday - Thursday 8:45 AM - 5:15 PM,
- Friday 8:45 - 5:15 PM, or 9:45 AM - 6:15 PM, and
- Rotating Saturday's, from 8:45 AM - 12:15 PM (with a half day off earlier in the week).
The starting pay for this position is $12.94 - $13.75 per hour, based on experience.
Community West Credit Union provides generous paid time-off starting in the first 90 days of service, and health and wellness benefits at a very low cost for full-time employees and their families. We also offer tuition reimbursement for part and full-time employees, as well as learning, development and career advancement opportunities!
We are based in West Michigan and have been serving the area for more than fifty years.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Criminal background and credit check required prior to employment.
Preference will be given to candidates who apply through INDEED and complete the BUSINESS MATH SKILLS ASSESSMENT.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Provide members and potential members the full range of financial services offered by Community West Credit Union.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Member Service Representative I
- Perform member transactions utilizing the CU Gold system
- Answer questions about credit union products and services including, but not limited to: bill pay, home banking system, payments for credit cards
- Respond to questions, concerns and requests for assistance in an effective, friendly and optimistic manner
- Process checks received from members, maintain a cash drawer and have the ability to accurately account for funds received and dispersed throughout the work day
- Process member transaction requests such as VISA advances, money orders and cashier’s checks
- Involved in CWCU endorsed community events to develop our image to the public
- Complete annual Bank Secrecy Act and Office of Foreign Asset Control training courses
- Have stated development plan developed in conjunction with manager
- Completes CU University, and other ongoing training classes as assigned
- Performs other related functions as assigned tasks
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- MSR I - Must be able to understand and efficiently use a computer, and have basic knowledge of Word and Excel. Basic math skills are required and the ability to use a calculator helpful. Must project a positive and professional image.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High School Graduate or GED (General Education Degree)
- Must be able to remain in stationary position 50% standing, 50% sitting as required. Must be able to move about in a small space to access file storage, office equipment, or the vault 20% as required.
- Must repetitively operate a computer and read handwritten and online documents. Must be able to read and interpret information from computer screen and learn technical procedures.
- Position requires communication with team members and CU members, in person and by telephone. Must be able to exchange accurate information and enter data accurately into a computer. Must be able to use office equipment; i.e. calculator, printer.
- Position requires lifting of 10 lbs frequently (on front line), and up to 20 lbs for person handling the vault.
- Position requires working according to direction, and taking initiative to solve problems according to protocol. This fast-paced environment requires a friendly and optimistic manner.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.